• 9(current)
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations
HI Reaven.
I Got It working, mostly. The Default cd-art image (for when there is no cd art available) is not coming up. And since I Have a rather large music collection, that what i'll be using mostly. I Copied all of your folders and files over my Aeon install. Is there something wrong?
Joy In Repitition
reaven Wrote:you need photoshop or another graphics application and with circular selection tool select a perfect circle around the cd when you got it press select and inverse and it will select all that is not the cd and press delete, there you have the perfect round cdArt then you pass that to a new transparent document at least 500x500 and resize the cdArt, cut the center, trim the document so the border of the cd touch the border of the document/canvas and save it as .png

this instructions are more for photoshop than any other

you need an app. to make them ?

you make it sound simple lol i'll have to try and get photoshop and give it a whirl Tongue
Batemann Wrote:HI Reaven.
I Got It working, mostly. The Default cd-art image (for when there is no cd art available) is not coming up. And since I Have a rather large music collection, that what i'll be using mostly. I Copied all of your folders and files over my Aeon install. Is there something wrong?

maybe this part from the first page
Quote:*fallback image if there is no cdArt for the playing album.(you'll need svn r21336 or up)
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
You can also do roughly the same with a free program called Gimp.
I know but I never used Gimp before so I dont know the steps
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I use the GIMP for all mine. I use the circular selection tool and force a 1:1 aspect ratio to make a perfectly circular selection. Then I just drag the boundaries until it encompasses the CD. Then I crop to selection and repeat for the center hole, only cutting the selection instead of cropping. Then I resize and save to png. Easy.
I'm using the same method in Gimp, but i take one extra step:
select the center part of the cd and select 'color to alpha'

this will make the center part of the disk transparent, instead of the white background shining through.

before and after:
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
hahaha, common man you always !!

that looks terrific .
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I've been looking at templates, haven't found one yet, but it seems you should be able to make a template of those cuts outs and just import a cd cover image onto them, line it up a bit if it's needed and save.
but why need a template ? its just cut out the outside to make it round, the center and save it as .png
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven, just wondering, didn't you use a texture diffuse in one of the previous versions?
if you use a diffuse overlay in the skin then there would be no need to make all those cd images transparent.

something like this:
<texture diffuse="home/disc_mask.png" fallback="backdrops/artist_fanart/default/default.png">backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
yes, I was using a different texture diffuse before the spinning was a half disc mask. I will make a full disc mask to test the only problem would be the center.

too sad the fallback wont work on multiimage controls I was trying to make a fallback of the fanart to display the music menu backdrop folder in case there is no fanart but without avail.

I'm working at the same time with my other mod clearArt, am adding a few things and fixing others.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
@reaven, how about always using a fallback image or a standard 'blank' CD for when cdArt does not exist? Huh
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33485

That way one would always get to have a spinning CD animation even is there is no cdArt for every album Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:@reaven, how about always using a fallback image or a standard 'blank' CD for when cdArt does not exist? Huh

That way one would always get to have a spinning CD animation even is there is no cdArt for every album Nod

the mod does have a fallback cd.art and works as you have suggested lol Tongue
Gamester17 Wrote:@reaven, how about always using a fallback image or a standard 'blank' CD for when cdArt does not exist? Huh

Theres's a standard cd implemented already, works perfect.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations2