Auriga, Backdrops & SVN Builds
Hi there,

I know its my first post but before someone tells me off, I've checked the last ten pages & searched the forum but I can't find any help with the following problem.

I changed over to Auriga yesterday in order to use the new Multiplex stuff but in doing so I lost my backdrops from the menu. I checked here & saw that I needed the latest SVN build of XBMC, so I installed subversion & downloaded / installed the latest XBMC.

However I still have exactly the same problem as before, still no backdrops. Now either I've done something daft ( probably ) or I still have the wrong version of something. Is there any way to check that the XBMC I am using is the very latest, or can anyone suggest something else?

I'm using Ubuntu & an Acer Revo if that helps & I've converted all the images from jpgs to bmps.

Cheers.
ph0rce Wrote:Hi there,

I know its my first post but before someone tells me off, I've checked the last ten pages & searched the forum but I can't find any help with the following problem.

I changed over to Auriga yesterday in order to use the new Multiplex stuff but in doing so I lost my backdrops from the menu. I checked here & saw that I needed the latest SVN build of XBMC, so I installed subversion & downloaded / installed the latest XBMC.

However I still have exactly the same problem as before, still no backdrops. Now either I've done something daft ( probably ) or I still have the wrong version of something. Is there any way to check that the XBMC I am using is the very latest, or can anyone suggest something else?

I'm using Ubuntu & an Acer Revo if that helps & I've converted all the images from jpgs to bmps.

Cheers.

You have to re-add your backdrops. Just configure them like you did before.
Just tried that, it makes no difference I'm afraid. The only time the any of the images show up is when I've selected the Movies option & the menu has changed. The background for the { .. } option is from the configured directory.

As I asked earlier, is there any way to check that the version of XBMC that I am running is the latest one? A new menu option, settings line, etc?

Any ideas?
Fixed - I managed to find out which version I was running by checking out the xbmc.log file & discovered that while I'd installed the latest SVN build, the startup scripts were still referencing the old version.

I changed the /usr/bin/runXBMC.sh file to point to the new one & that fixed my problems.
Thumbs Up 
Hi, i'm very new here and i don't speak very nice English. Ph0rce if you can be more specific please because i have the same problem and i don't know what to do. tks very much for anticipated.
Just to make sure you have the same problem as me:

I first installed the latest released build for XBMC from the official repository ( 9.04.1 ) using a package manager, followed by the xbmc-live package ( which boots your system straight into XBMC ).

Then I downloaded, compiled & installed the SVN version of XBMC.

The problem here is that the official package installs XBMC to '/usr/share/xbmc/' but the SVN version installs to '/usr/local/share/xbmc' so you are left with two versions of XBMC on your system & the xbmc-live scripts are still pointing at the old version.

You need to edit the runXBMC.sh file ( located in /usr/bin/ ) & change the references from '/usr/share/xbmc/....' to /usr/local/share/xbmc/....'.

Once you've done this, just reboot your system & that should do it.

The editing will need to be done with 'sudo' if you are not already logged in as the root user.

Hope that helps.
Star 
Thank you, i'm going to try this.Laugh
Help i can't fix my problem, because i didn't install SVN version. When i put a backdrop in the menu of AEON STARK it works, but when i put the backdrops in the menu of the Auriga it doesn't work, i don't know what happend. But when i open a menu item, (in Auriga) inside of that menu item the backdrops works. Please help.
You need to install the SVN version, otherwise backdrops don't work in Auriga.
vanni, i had the same problem as you guys, and i'm abit of a noobie myself but i managed to get it to work with this nice little automatic updater. You need the latest SVN version, and the updater will do all the work for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auriga, Backdrops & SVN Builds0