TTF-Fonts in XBMC for Subtitles
yuvalt:

how will doing the sub rendering (with ttf) in mplayer effect your flipping characters stuff?

if it doesn't effect it, then we mayaswell let mplayer do the work for us.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Exclamation 
(guybrush @ aug. 23 2004,21:45 Wrote:
(yuvalt @ aug. 23 2004,21:11 Wrote:let's not have several ways of doing subtitle fonts (like in xbmp). if we think this is the way to go, let's drop the raw fonts and replace them with ttf fonts and make that the only way.
hmm why drop the raw fonts as well? mplayer supports both
i agree with yuvalt, or at least aim to make ttf the default (both for subs and gui, inc. the option to use different .ttf for each)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
this is great work especially for many asian people who are using unicode, since bitmap font of asian language take too much memory.

i've test ttf support mplayer with modified xbe as instruction.
i have same problem with simon1219.
mplayer didn't display unicode subtitles(korean) properly.
i put "unicode=1" and "subfont-encoding=<unicode>" in mplayer.conf. didn't help.
(guybrush @ aug. 23 2004,21:45 Wrote:hmm why drop the raw fonts as well? mplayer supports both
i think that supporting several fonts is only confusing the user.
uppps!! i don't remember of this Sad
i submit a patch (sf) to modify xbmc for select ttf fonts and raw fonts...

in select you can select raw fonts (and size)

or ttf fonts (size is disable) [directory xbmc\fonts for after use in skin too]

note: if you delete mplayer\fonts in select you can select ttf.. or if you drop ttf fonts in select appears raw...

i think in put other options, but we discuss them!! i like gamester17 idea.

@simon1219/kimp93: can you post a srt file and ttf font, please!!!Huh
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i think yuvalt is right, 2 sets of subs fonts are confusing
why have both when ttf is better?
just be sure to add a nice font pack like gamester suggested

but isnt it possible to select a size with ttf fonts (or color, italic, thickness, etc) Cool
right now ezar, it sounds like you need to use different versions of the same font for that? Huh
sorry but i just happen to like the raw fonts, we could support ttf but at least leave the option to use raw fonts.
ezar2003, thank you for your cosidering to supprt unicode subtitles

here is the link for font and subtitle of korean.
font and subtitle download

if display properly, should be look like this..

Smile
Sad 
best be if use same ttf lib for subs and gui? btw, how did xbmp do ttf and why not use the same (but newer lib version?)?
plus yes it would be nice if get extra options when use ttf, like; "size", "colour", "bold", "italic" and "anti-alising" Cool
my thoughts on the ttf stuff is:

1. i don't have a problem with the raw fonts being present, assuming one can simply choose them all from the gui in one control as ezar2003 suggests.

2. i see little point in having libfreetype in both mplayer.dll and xbmc. obviously, if ttf support is added (which it should be due to the ease of finding ttf fonts) we'd want it throughout xbmc - the gui and the subs. if it was both in mplayer and xbmc, mplayer.dll would be unnecessarily large which means more memory is used when playing back videos even if ttf is not in use.

3. perhaps it would be better to investigate how easy it would be to move the ttf font based subs rendering out of mplayer and into xbmc. that way libfreetype/libfridibi etc. etc. need not be in mplayer (thus we're not losing memory) and furthermore the ttf stuff could possibly be sectioned so that it is only in memory when ttf fonts are being used.

comments?

text out using ttf fonts
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
well that solves the whole ttf library stuff on the xbox side Smile

now, is there an easy way to get the ttf subs stuff out of mplayer, so we can use the built-in support?

you can see in samples\xbox\graphics\truetypefont in sdk
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
to set the size of the mplayer ttf-fonts add this to cmplayer::options::getoptions
Quote: m_vecoptions.push_back("-subfont-autoscale");
m_vecoptions.push_back("0");
m_vecoptions.push_back("-subfont-text-scale");
m_vecoptions.push_back("24");
m_vecoptions.push_back("-subfont-osd-scale");
m_vecoptions.push_back("24");
where 24 would be the size in points defined by the user.

that is if we're not moving the subrendering from mplayer to xbmc Smile
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
i also tried it out and it worked nice. i like to see the option to chose raw fonts but also ttf fonts and the possibility to change color, size etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TTF-Fonts in XBMC for Subtitles0