Favourites/Favorites?
Question 
Hi,

I might be being a bit stupid, but I can not figure out how to get to your favourites menu within Aeon? (I find it useful for last.fm radio, iplayer, etc)

Is it there? Or do I need to some trickery to change one of the menu items to Favourites? (like, Assistant for example) I know this is possible to do, having read some other threads about changing things, and does anyone know the details I would need to add?

thanks for any help,
Rod
there is no favorites in Aeon at the moment by default - favourites.xml is empty - i personally use the favourites.xml from CF2009 mod pack
thanks for that!

Copied the favourites xml from the pack, amended ''Assistant' to 'Favourites', pointed it to window 134, jackpot!

My first bit of tinkering! thanks a lot.
ok i got the favourites file from the modpack but how exactly do you amend assistant to favourites
I was wondering this as well. Would be good to get iplayer and meedio launcher in the same place.
mr_clean_mr Wrote:ok i got the favourites file from the modpack but how exactly do you amend assistant to favourites

Open "Includes_MainMenu.xml" in folder "720p"

Find:
PHP Code:
<item id="21">
<
description>Assistant</description>
<include>
BackgroundVarsAssistant</include>                    
<
label>31021</label>
<
onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(605)</onclick>
<
visible>Skin.HasSetting(assistant)</visible>
</
item

And change it to:
PHP Code:
<item id="21">
<
description>Favorites</description>
<include>
BackgroundVarsAssistant</include>                    
<
label>FAVORITES</label>
<
onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(134)</onclick>
<
visible>Skin.HasSetting(assistant)</visible>
</
item
I feel like this should be included in all of the mods or Aeon by default. I rely heavily on favorites (gotta have Contra NES, last.fm music station of choice and my favorite smart playlist in there)
i actually just mapped a key on my remote to favorites - so pressing it from anywhere brings the favorites screen up
logictester Wrote:there is no favorites in Aeon at the moment by default - favourites.xml is empty - i personally use the favourites.xml from CF2009 mod pack

Where do I get that?
logictester Wrote:i actually just mapped a key on my remote to favorites - so pressing it from anywhere brings the favorites screen up

I think the poster is saying that the favorites menu doesn't pop up when activated. Meaning that the command for favorites is given, but there is nothing to load within Aeon to show a favorites menu.
zag2me Wrote:Where do I get that?

CF2009's Favorites for Aeon
rausch101 Wrote:I think the poster is saying that the favorites menu doesn't pop up when activated. Meaning that the command for favorites is given, but there is nothing to load within Aeon to show a favorites menu.

well once you get the favourites.xml from cf2009 mod - Aeon will have a favorites to load when you click the favorites button. I changed my button map to <u></u> and it works like a charm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Favourites/Favorites?1