Portrait Mode?
Question 
How would I go about getting XBMC to run fullscreen in portrait mode, if that's even possible? I can set the display to portrait using "xrandr -o right", but fullscreen XBMC renders starting at about the midpoint on the screen and going right from there, so I get maybe half the screen at most.
I'm just gonna pretend this one here doesn't exist.
I've been trying to run XBMC Fullscreen on Ubuntu in portrait view, using "xrandr -o right" to rotate the screen. I've got the resolutions tweaked so everything scales into the new resolution properly, but XBMC doesn't want to render properly in 9:16 - it puts a big black bar across the first half of the screen and then starts rendering from there. A screenshot taken through XBMC sort of shows what I mean (the screen seems to be what XBMC is rendering, whereas what I'm seeing is the same but with the black bar on the other side).

The problem might be that when it tries internally to change the XRandR mode to one that's in the proper resolution- 900x1440 in this case- RandR throws an error, but I haven't been able to figure out what's causing that error yet. RandR also throws that error when I try to set that mode outside of XBMC, so that may just be something that's not allowed period. I've tried this on a couple different systems too so it doesn't seem to just be a matter of the card or the drivers.

Any ideas what's causing this and/or how to fix it? If I can get this to work I was planning on making it an option in the settings and then using the internal RandR controls to do the rotation.
Good odds we simply don't handle such a case. File a ticket on trac.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Portrait Mode?0