Profiles with different resolutions
Wondering if it's possible to have 2 different resolutions set in 2 different profiles. I have a TV and a projector connected to my HTPC and they have different resolutions (720p & 1080p). I found I can move XBMC window to the appropriate display using EventGhost and they go full screen pretty well if the resolution is correct.

But so far I have been unable to make it remember the profile resolution. It always starts with the resolution that was last set and doesn't change even after selecting a profile with different resolution. Any solution or a work-around?
Would simply setting it to auto work or would that probably only work when computer restarted?
I tried the Auto setting but it doesn't do anything unless I select the "Test" option below it. When left in Auto, XBMC always starts with the resolution used in last run, just like the profiles with different resolutions.

Is this a bug? I wish one could pass the window position and size (width/height) in pixels as command line parameters like old Meedio.
rexian Wrote:I tried the Auto setting but it doesn't do anything unless I select the "Test" option below it. When left in Auto, XBMC always starts with the resolution used in last run, just like the profiles with different resolutions.

Is this a bug? I wish one could pass the window position and size (width/height) in pixels as command line parameters like old Meedio.

There is probably a line in a config file that specifies startup window size, but that's not going to change the actual resolution that your video driver is outputting....maybe make a hotkey macro to change resolution at the OS level?
I am talking about 2 different displays. And yes, the OS is outputting 2 different resolutions. Just that after moving the XBMC to a display and choosing a profile, I was hoping that XBMC would re-apply the resolution configured for that profile. But it doesn't.

BTW, can you tell me which line it is in the config file? I'd like to try that too as long as the config file is profile specific or can be passed at startup. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Profiles with different resolutions0