[XBOX] Xbox Controller doesn't work in emulators
My standard Xbox controller doesn't respond in any emulators. It works fine in the XBMC dashboard but when i boot an emulator it just doesn't respond. It used to awhile ago, but i've updated the xbmc builds a few times since I last tried. Is there a way to get my xbox controller working in emulators again without re-installing xbmc? Specifically won't work in Pcsxbox_v20 and Surreal 64. Used to work in both fine.
I don't think those have anything to do with XBMC. I believe they both have their own .xbe to run the emulator. The xbox can only run one .xbe at a time. So, once you start the emulator, XBMC is no longer running.

Is it a wired controller or wireless? And also, is it a MS contoller or one of the 3rd party ones. I've had problems with both of the above in other dashboards and such, but the wired MS contoller always worked.
It's wired. Gamester Xbox Live controller. Anyway, I've ran a few tests on another xbox with xbmc. Same build, same emulator, all same versions, it works fine. So, I'm going to try copying over the working pcsxbox and see if it works. Won't determine the exact problem but, aslong as it works.

Edit: Problem is, non of the emulators work, they run but they don't respond with the controller. So, it can't be that all the emulators have issues.
Stupid question, but do you have it plugged into the number 1 port?
Burncycle Wrote:Stupid question, but do you have it plugged into the number 1 port?

Hmm, I had it in 4, because my sub sits slightly over 1 and 2 and 3 is for sensor. I did move it to test thinking it was an issue but... I think I may have only tried port 2. It matters? I'll test in port 1 when my other half falls asleep.
HuhThat could be it...
joebrady Wrote:HuhThat could be it...

That would indeed be it lol Smile Thank you. So, you can't use ports 2-4 or only if port 1 is active? XBMC works on any port but not emulators?
I think it depends on the emulator, also check the settings in each emulator. It may have a setting for which port it should look for for player 1 and player 2.
Thanks, will do. Problem solved Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Xbox Controller doesn't work in emulators0