How does XBMC access ffmpeg?
Just a quick question about how ffmpeg is integrated into XBMC. I tried to look for the source code for ffmpeg as part of the XBMC SVN. I found some code related to ffmpeg, but I'm assuming it's not all the code, is that correct? Does the SVN have a library file for ffmpeg that get's linked during compiling? Or is all the ffmpeg code indeed part of the XBMC SVN?

I'm trying to troubleshoot a RMVB loading issue reported here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6770 and am trying to figure out in which part of the code to start. Big Grin

Any help to point me in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry
Full ffmpeg sources in xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg. The headers in xbmc/cores/ffmpeg must also be kept in sync.
hai harry,

did u manage to come out wth some solution for this issue ?if yes pls share wth me

Thanks
Nope, no solution yet. The problem seems to be in the ffmpeg dll files somewhere, so I've submitted a ticket with those guys, but we'll have to wait for them to fix it and then for XBMC to update to the latest version of ffmpeg that has the fix.

Btw, can anyone comment on how often XBMC get's the latest ffmpeg code incorporated into it (ie: every 6 months we grab the latest ffmpeg code, etc.)?

Thanks,
Harry
in general atleast once per release. we've hold off for a while due to the large vdpau changes in ffmpeg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does XBMC access ffmpeg?0