[XBOX] Telnet Problem
Howdie,

I am after a bit of help please. I have in the past sucessfully used Chimp 2.6 to clone a hdd so i had a backup. The working Hdd has just failed so my backup is now installed and working fine.

I want to make another backup just in case, however no matter what i try i can not get into my xbox using telnet!

I can ping the box, i can ftp with Chimp running i can ping 192.168.0.3 no problem, but as soon as i run Telnet, i get

Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connection failed

I have tried a different router, crossover cable etc. Ping and FTP are fine but no Telnet. Checked the .ini file and Telnet is enabled also.

Any thoughts on the problem i am having would be appreciated.

Rgds
Aidi
XBMC has never had a telnet server.
althekiller Wrote:XBMC has never had a telnet server.

Thanks for the reply, i am following the instructions for using chimp, and it clearly states that once the screen on your tv is unreadable, on your pc Click Start\Run\ type CMD. Then Telnet 192.168.0.3

This is a direct from the tutorial:

Accessing by Telnet
(*Note: Make your XB IP STATIC and anything above 192.168.0.4)
1.XB - Run Chimp ( Screen will fuzz up and go green)
2.PC - Access Command Prompt (Start/Run type CMD press Enter)
3.PC - Command Prompt type telnet 192.168.0.3 press enter (username: root Pass: xbox)

I have read this on various websites and tutorials where others have said the tutorials work.

I might be missing something here.. but could you elaborate on your comment of XBMC not being a telnet server.

thanks
Akulla
I dunno anything about "chimp" and we certainly are not a support channel for them/it/whatever. I also don't know how much further I can elaborate on XBMC not being a telnet server. It doesn't respond to telnet commands, at all, simple as that.
Thanks for your input. I finally got it working using my X-over cable.

With regards to the telnet problem, it must be something with the chimp program for disk cloning. Once "chimp" is running on the xbox i can use the telnet to access the screen and access the options menu.

Thanks for your input and for XMBC itself... excellent bit of software for the xbox!!

Rgds
Akulla

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Telnet Problem0