Additional database fields in the video db?
Lightbulb 
Hi,

here are the fields i thing we need. The best would be to make them all geting
info from the nfo

-Movies--------------------------------

Title
Original Title
Category
Genre
Subgenre
Director
Original Language
Country
Lenght
Year
Media
Catalog No.
TagLine
Plot
Actor Name and Role
Producer
Writer
Photographer
Studio
Distributor
MPAA
Music
Official Website
Comments
Codec
Video Bitrate
Video Personal Rating
No off Discs
Audio Format
Audio Bitrate
Audio Personal Rating
Sambling Rate
Channnels
Subtitles
UPC/EAN Code
Packaging
Region
Edition
Screen Radio
Media Year
Filesize
Date Purchased
Acquired From
Date Seen
Awards
IMDB Rating/Votes
IMDB Top 250
Reviews

-BoxSet--------------------------------

Title
Distributor
Release Date
Barcode
Features
PurchaseDate
Price
CatalogNo
Packaging

-Actors--------------------------------

Name
Birth Name
Birth Date
Birth Place
Death Date
Country
Sex
Webpage
Biography
Filmography
Comments
Picture
Awards
Pictures
Movies in Database

-Director--------------------------------

Name
Birth Name
Birth Date
Birth Place
Death Date
Country
Sex
Webpage
Biography
Filmography
Comments
Picture
Awards
Pictures
Generally, when someone suggests a feature or change, they state their understanding of the current solution, state what's wrong with said solution, state their new solution, state why it's better. As this sits you've just listed a bunch of stuff...
There is nothing wrong with the current solution. Put i miss a lot of things.

It would be nice to use XBMC as MovieDB. Put in the momend there are not enough for collecting information. It really would be nice to have all information in one place.

Now i use Extreme Movie Manager where i can but everything, but it would be better to have all infos on my TV. XBMC for now is just for playback the stuff from my Windows Home-Server.

If we hat the posibility to also store Actor and Director information it would kick ass.

Musik is another thing. I store all the front-cover, back-cover and band/artist pictures in the mp3. So it shows up everywhere (iPod and so on). Put i don't know if there is a limitation for the image size that you can store in the mp3.

I really believe XBMC can replace eXtreme Movie Manager and there is not much that XBMC needs more. More DB-fields, Actor infos, Categories, BoxSets...

Ok, i would still use eXtreme Movie Manager cause i can make script chains. I can use as many scripts (scrapers) as i want and chose which info i want from wich site.

And i want totall control cause i'm somebody who likes to put in what he wants and not what a codec reader or a online-DB says. So to have the possibility to put everything in the .nfo would be great.
The funny part that there are some info in the database, and xbmc reads from the nfo, just I fonud no way to display it.
Like origal title. There is a tag for it in the nfo exported from xbmc, it's stored in the database (various fields in movies, series and episodes tables) but didn't find the display option in the wiki (tried the logical listitem.originaltitle but didn't work).

As a non-english native who usually know movies in other title than the original some info like this would be great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional database fields in the video db?0