The main addition this time is further media flags (video codec and aspect) as well as tidying up how the media flags are displayed in genereal.
The info dialogs for the movies and episodes have been rewritten so as to fit in another 'page' of info - the text values for all the various media flags. Pressing left/right will navigate you through the info on these dialogs.
Another new addition is the ability to display animated weather icons on Home. This is based on the work done by Silverxxx in this thread. It is disabled by default but, if you download the animated thumbs from Sliverxxx's thread then place them in the folder that contains the custom weathe background images, you can then enable it.
The main changes are as follows:
- Added: Displaying of video codec flags to Showcase view and video info dialogs
- Added: Video Aspect & Video Resolution flags to all views (except Waterfall) for movies
- Added: Video Aspect & Resolution flags to Showcase view and video info dialogs for episodes
- Added: Displaying of text values for each of the new media flagging attributes to the movie and episode info dialogs
- Added: Code to display animated thumbs on Home screen (place icon pack in custom weather BG folder)
- Added: Option to turn the animated weather on/off
- Added: French translation (thanks to luuuke78)
- Fixed: Tidied up logic for displaying wider text on Full Video OSD (to get rid of any overlapping when plot is visible)
- Fixed: Removed extra shadow on top of portrait thumbs in List view
- Updated: Tidied up time display in Video OSD
- Updated: Tidied up conditions for dolby value in AudioCodec field when showing audio flags
- Updated: Added picking up of dts value in AudioCodec field when showing audio flags
- Updated: Italian translation (thanks to ZIOLele)
- Updated: Tidied up media flags on episode info dialog
- Updated: Korean translation (thanks to kimp93)
- Updated: French translation (thanks to bidossessi)
- Updated: Dutch translation (thanks to Waffa)
- Updated: Portuguese translation (thanks to xbs08)
- Updated: German translation (thanks to Haggy)
- Updated: Spanish translation (thanks to Melandryu)
Low List view for Episodes:
Episode Info dialog:
Use Recent Version of XBMC
In order to get the best out of this release you need to be using a version of XBMC built in the in the week or so (since the changes to XBMC for media flags has only just been added). As yet the media flagging has not been added to a t3ch release so just use the most recent available.
If you do decide to use it without an up to date version of XBMC then you may find that you can't see any of the media flags and none of the backgrounds appear. You have been warned.
If you really have to run an old version (or you run PLEX which doesn't support the newer features that XBMC does) then have a look at this thread - Temporary Fixes for Older XBMC Builds
Genre Poster Packs
In this version I've added support for Genre Poster Packs (such as the one in this thread - Movie Genre Posters). To take advantage of this feature please see this thread - MiniMeedia and Genre Poster Packs
If you do find any problems or have any suggestions on improvements to the skin please describe them as fully as possible and give screenshots where possible.
Have fun and enjoy!
Skin download link - MiniMeedia v0.92
The skin itself does not contain any real background images since most users will already have a set of background images that they like (for MediaStream and Aeon skins etc) and I assume most users will be using fanart for the Movies and TV Shows anyway.
I have a nice set of custom background images that I use and aim to provide download links so that users can use these if they want.
Background download links -
Movies - Movies Backgrounds 1 Movies Backgrounds 2
TV Shows - TV Show Backgrounds
Videos - Videos Backgrounds
Music - Music Backgrounds
Pictures - Pictures Backgrounds
System - System Backgrounds
Power - Power Backgrounds
DVD - DVD Backgrounds
The skin is setup to work with Weather Fanart (the weather background should match the current weather conditions) and to get this working properly I recommend downloading timdog's Weather Fanart pack