Network connection in XBMC Live?
Hi everyone
just made the leap from xbox to pc with xbmc. I chose to go with xbmc live USB. The pc is a the acer revo.

I can get everything up and running but not network connection. I tried booting into the revoboot that came with the computer and the network connected straight away so the connection is fine.

When i go to the network settings the 2 choices i have are eth1 and wlan0 i want to use eth1 but the "interface is disabled"

Any help would be much appreciated Nerd
thanks
I'm not familiar with how to configure the network connection from within XBMC, but if you feel bold you can switch to a terminal and set it up through command line.

Hit Ctrl+Alt+F1 and that will switch you to a terminal. There should be a login prompt login as xbmc, and use xbmc as the password, or whatever password you chose when/if you installed it to an HDD. Then run
Code:
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

Here is an example of setting up eth1 with DHCP:
Code:
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp

Here is an example of setting up eth1 with a Static IP:
Code:
auto eth1
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.234
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
dns-nameservers 192.168.0.1
You'll have to change the addresses appropriately to work with your network but that's the basic gist.

Once you've made the changes hit Ctrl+X and answer the questions at the bottom of the screen appropriately, essentially yeah save the changes, and yeah use that filename.

Then do
Code:
/etc/init.d/network restart
This will restart the networking service and apply your new setting for eth1.

I couldn't get XBMC to work with networking the way that I wanted either so I set it up manually through this method.
If you're planning on doing anything remotely serious with it, I'd just bite the bullet and go the XBMCBuntu route, or indeed full fat Ubuntu and chuck XBMC on top. It's not too difficult (And community support is fantastic), so that's the route I'm taking.
thanks for the replys guys.I couldnt get the connection working in xbmclive but i did get it working in xbmcubuntu.

The only problem i am having on the revo is no surround sound.I can use simpmle stereo sound but when i try to use dolby or DTS the amp gives out a loud crackling noise?
is the revo connected to your receiver via HDMI, and is your receiver capable of DTS/AC3 decoding via HDMI? what are your audio hardware settings?

please provide more infos about your setup and USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION! this exact problem has been discussed various times.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
i spent most of this morning searching.i have read every thread about the revo and sound.

I connect my revo the my Sony Dg910amp which is capable of DTS and AC3 as i used them with my xbox before getting the revo.

my settings:

Digital
on
on
hdmi
hdmi
off

When these settings are used i get the crackling sound.
Currently i have dts and dolby off and downmix to stereo which works but its def not what i want. No

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network connection in XBMC Live?0