Some Subtitles Working, Some Not
I'm using srt and idx+sub subtitles. For both types some subtitles work while others don't. However, ALL work when using the VLC player. The subtitles all load fine and are displayed as available in the OSD. They also carry the same name as the respective .avi.

What information exactly do I need to post in order for the developers or more experienced members to zero in on the problem? Thanks.
ASROCK VisionX, Kodi Isengard 15.1, Aeon MQ5, Dreambox 8000HD, Panasonic TX-55CXW754
The stuff in the "how to post a problem in a useful manner" stickey is probably a good start...
Hi,

I do run into similar problems, and am not able to see log files being generated for this (I know where the log files are - frontrow/Library/Logs/ - but don't see one generated for this).

Below, the issue I ran into, I'm hoping this will give enough details:
- Version used: XBMC v. 9.04.1 R20677 (Compiled May 26 2009)
- Build: Mediastream v.1.00 (sun 26/04/2009), SVN - R2121
- Architecture: i386
- Install method: ATV-USB-creator + downloaded XBMC version available from Apple TV launcher menu
- Skin used: Mediastream
- Video Resolution: 1080i 16:9
- Steps to reproduce:
1 - All my video files are DVD converted through MTR, using the "Title only extraction" Mode
2 - I have a few animes that I like to watch in Japanese, with English subs (hoping that the title only extraction mode includes corrsponding subs)
3 - Files seem to convert fine, and VLC does show subs
4 - When I view the movies in XBMC (library mode or not), in the OSD, I enable subtitle, and flip through the subtitles available (I either have 1/1 or 1/n, the second number actually changes within the movie, which also seems kinda weird). But the subs don't show up. On some rare videos (also converted through MTR), the subs do show up and are pretty out of synch with what is actually happening in the movie, but although my settings are set to have subs show in white, they're displayed in cyan.

Sample movies that don't work:
- Samurai Champloo (TV show - all discs)
- Appleseed

Any help would be much appreciated.
If there is a site where I can share sample files to better help troubleshoot the issue, I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks
The first post suggested that this wasn't the issue but I recently found that the subtiltle file had to be have exactly the same file name (except for file extension) as the video for XBMC to show the subtitles. This took me some time to figure out as VLC and Quicktime pick up the .srt file in the directory regardless of file name.
All my videos are ISO files, which is a single file.
I believe the subtitle is supposed to be bundled in the ISO file.

Can XBMC read subtitle from ISO?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Subtitles Working, Some Not0