• 5(current)
Transparency! - FAQ / HowTo
CrickDo666 Wrote:ok im glad u showed a screen cause mine looks the same (except the links) so theoretically if i go into home movies and my myvideo.xml looks like this

</control><control type="multiimage">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<fadetime>2000</fadetime>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/images/backgrounds/background-videos.jpg">/E/IMAGES/Home Movies/</imagepath>
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(AnimateBackgrounds)">backgroundanimation</include>
<include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
<visible>substring(Container.FolderName,Home Movies) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)) + IsEmpty(Fanart.Image)</visible>
</control>

and my art is in E:/IMAGES/Home Movies and my videos are in SMB://Home Movies
i have it like this where am i going wrong?

i think you should change the path to this:

<imagepath fallback="special://skin/images/backgrounds/background-videos.jpg">e:\IMAGES\Home Movies\</imagepath>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
damn i tried that a few different ways and no luck btw i was hoping i could change bkgrnd in total view not just for say one folder (such as if i goto disc or back and forth between two folders im getting random bkgrnds the entire time im in "Home movies" Tab like if i changed it in videos view now
if you see my post here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57867

Maybe this will work for some if it is what were lookin for ( a new tab that has all functionalty of video tab in file view)(namely multi-image backgrounds )
CrickDo666 Wrote:damn i tried that a few different ways and no luck btw i was hoping i could change bkgrnd in total view not just for say one folder (such as if i goto disc or back and forth between two folders im getting random bkgrnds the entire time im in "Home movies" Tab like if i changed it in videos view now

then maybe i misunderstood what you're trying to do...

are you talking about custom background images on the home screen ?
also, what modifications did you make in Includes_Home.xml ?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
no not in the home screen but the screen that comes up when i select my new tab ( like the pic you used this is where my new "Home Movies" tab links to (in essence its another videos tab with a new button name and separate settings for both sets of background art)
Like in the other post the guy wanted UFC fights tab but no one mentioned what "inner"(i guess) backgrounds would show up we see that if you do it this way its just the same as the video tab settings
in Includes_home.xml i just added this line twice

<item id="18">
<label>Home Movies</label>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoFiles)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/images/backgrounds/Home Movies.jpg</icon>
<thumb></thumb>
<visible></visible>
</item>

ya know at the bottom of the other like items (like in your excellent tutorial)
redacted
its doing something weird tho
if i go into my new button it shows the popcorn pic but if i go back out then into my video tab my custom background will show up for a second then go to the popcorn shot. any ideas?
ok awesome after setting the popcorn pic to a custom image it started doing random images in the home movies folder so thats good but now if i set the home movies tab to default source (to automatically open) in the home movies button it also is default in the videos button so how can i fix this? btw maybe this should get stickied along with the entire new home menu button topic (i know its under FAQ but still ... anyone who likes your skin (whats not to like and is into some degree of customization ,wants this info!
CrickDo666 Wrote:ok awesome after setting the popcorn pic to a custom image it started doing random images in the home movies folder so thats good but now if i set the home movies tab to default source (to automatically open) in the home movies button it also is default in the videos button so how can i fix this?

don't set Home Movies as default, instead try this:

Code:
<item id="18">
<label>Home Movies</label>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoFiles[b],Home Movies[/b])</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/images/backgrounds/Home Movies.jpg</icon>
<thumb></thumb>
<visible></visible>
</item>
ok i did as instructed now both the videos folder and the new home movies folder do the same , which is to open into the video files or whichever was last opened(remembered path)
no change?
CrickDo666 Wrote:ok i did as instructed now both the videos folder and the new home movies folder do the same , which is to open into the video files or whichever was last opened(remembered path)
no change?

as a matter of fact, i don't think there's anything you can do.
xbmc will always remember where you were and return there next time you enter the video section.
ok but isnt adding ,Home Movies supposed to make my home movies tab open in that folder? this isnt happening. but to continue, how hard would it be to get what im looking for? which is in essence a new video button identical to the first but with a custom name and background sets?
btw thanx for all the help im really learning a lot!
that guy who made his comics tab into a new video tab did he get new interior backs or just a new button with custom back linked to the original videos view? since he changed the comics strings? i would try this but he wasnt clear about how he did this or if his results were worth trying.
CrickDo666 Wrote:ok but isnt adding ,Home Movies supposed to make my home movies tab open in that folder?

yes IF your source has this name: Home Movies
AND you're using this command: <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,Home Movies)</onclick>
then xbmc will open that folder when you click that button.

CrickDo666 Wrote:this isnt happening.

then you're doing something wrong. just keep trying 'till you get it right. ;-)

CrickDo666 Wrote:but to continue, how hard would it be to get what im looking for? which is in essence a new video button identical to the first but with a custom name and background sets?

all i can say is, i've given you all the code you need.
you can enable debug logging and check your logfile if things don't work out as planned.
ok thanxs ill try it for a few days and see if i cant make it work ill let u know thanx again youve been very helpfull!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! - FAQ / HowTo1