Video Library - Manually set TV Episodes
I was trying to set up my video library earlier to recognize a bunch of TV shows, and it did so successfully, however it did not find the TV shows. I know there is a certain way in which individual episodes should be named, or that the advancedsettings.xml file can be edited to recognize certain naming structures; however, I have upwards of 30 TV shows and I do not want to rename every episode (messes up with torrent seeding), nor do I want to change the advancedsettings.xml file, because the naming scheme for each series is different.

So, my question is, is it possible to manually add episodes to a TV series that is successfully scraped? In other words can I actually just go in to XBMC, browse through my folders and add episodes to a show in the library?

If possible, a short description of how it is done would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance Big Grin
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_(Vi...onventions

Mate, I'm not having a go but feel free to check the manual and faqs next time Wink

Have a good one!
Thanks, but I've already looked through the guide, yet I haven't read anything about being able to actually manually select files to add to a series ... all I have been able to find is guides on how to edit file name structure, or advancedsettings.xml so XBMC will automatically add the files.

If at all possible, I would like to avoid the 50+ shows I have ... and since they are all named in a different manner, changing the advancedsettings.xml would also be a pain.
Use nfo files. While not exactly manual, there is software available to create/edit them and once they are done, the update of the library is easy. Personally, after making the move to use them instead of a scaper I would never go back.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
... if I use .nfo files then I have to create one for every episode ... I don't think writing over 500 .nfo files would be a very fun thing to do.
If you aren't willing to rename your files or edit as.xml, you're up a creek.
Ok, that is what I wanted to know - thanks.
Diaphanous Wrote:... ... I don't think writing over 500 .nfo files would be a very fun thing to do.

MediaCompanion will do all the hard work for you. It's available through a post in these forums.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library - Manually set TV Episodes0