Playback Problem on XP with GA-E7AUM-DS2H
Question 
I just build myself a HTPC based on a intel e8400 cpu and a Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H mobo (GF9400/730i chipset based with 4GB ram). When using the nvidia hd audio device (so I can playback audio over HDMI) everything becomes extremely choppy when playing back hd content. When I disable the device in the BIOS the problem goes away, but I have no sound over HDMI.

The log is littered with these messages:
ERROR: CWin32DirectSound::UpdateCacheStatus: GetCurrentPosition failed. Unable to determine buffer status. HRESULT = 0x88780078

(I had to delete some of the messages to make the log fit on pastebin)

I'm using XBMC for Windows rev. 21220 (same occurs under the 9.04 milestone btw).

Anyone any idea's as how to fix this?

---edit---

I have no problem playing back hd mpeg or ts files, it seems to happen only with mkv or wvc files.
Windows Media Player works fine with mkv's or wvc's.

---edit---

log file: http://pastebin.com/m2d1382a4
No devs have any thoughts on this?

Nobody have the same problem, fairly popular motherboard I would think?

It's not connected to a receiver, but directly to my tv btw.
I wish I had something for ya but I can't even manage to get this working with XP. I load all the drivers from Gigabyte yet it continues to tell me I'm missing a audio device on high definition audio bus driver and is showing up with an exclamation point. If you can tell me what I'm doing wrong with XP I'll be happy to work with you on testing. I'm just messing with this on XP to see how it compares to my successful Ubuntu install. I've done thousands upon thousands of XP installs but this one has me stumped.
Nevermind...I figured out that the Chipset was nForce 730i/Geforce 9400/9300, which is something I was initially trying to figure out but it isn't really documented anywhere on Gigabyte's site or on the Nvidia site. I eventually figured it out by just searching a little deeper and got the drivers from Nvidia's site which is what I prefer rather than getting them from the Motherboard Manufacturer site.

Just so you know my configuration...I'm using HDMI Sound ONLY...I have the Realtek Internal Audio disabled completely in the BIOS...ONLY HDMI Audio. So I then built a fresh install of XP 32bit sp3. I loaded the latest Nvidia Chipset, Display and HDMI Audio Drivers. I now have everything working at that level in XP. I just started the Windows Updates and am letting that run while I go to bed. I'm beat and will continue on this and load up XBMC on the latest build tomorrow. I'll let you know those results then.
I just recently set up a system with the same motherboard on XP SP3...

I put on the 730i nForce drivers, followed by the latest GPU driver from nvidia, followed by the realtek audio drivers from gigabyte, followed by the nvidia hdmi driver (i was only able to get this to work after installing the realtek)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback Problem on XP with GA-E7AUM-DS2H0