Live dropping frames
I have an Acer Aspire X1200 DualCore 2.5Ghz x64 with 3GB ram. Geforce 8200 hdmi out

I just installed XBMC Live tonight and got the video and 5.1 audio working through hdmi. My problemo is that I am trying dropping a ton of frames. 20-30 mins into my 720p x264 Valkyrie mkv I have 7700 dropped frames and the most I see is 15fps. CPU0 and CPU1 never go above 10% and I have VDPAU enabled.

I saw somewhere that I should update my nvidia drivers. I got the driver but I have no idea how to connect to the machine and update it. I got WinSCP so I can "ftp" to my files, but I dont know where to go to install the new linux nvidia driver I downloaded. Please advise.

Also, could it be anything else? Any other settings? The picture and audio are amazing, but as you can imagine, it is a little blurry/choppy. It moreso has the effect of being just slightly slowmo in action scenes. I need to get it so it is not dropping frames!

Thanks
Ill try to answer the how to connect to your machine;

1: Download an SSH client to your main PC. Personally I prefer Putty, which you can download for free from here; http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtat...nload.html

2: Find out the IP of your mediacenter machine. (Can be seen on the front page, when choosing "Settings" or "System")

3: Start Putty, and enter the IP in the hostname box, and click connect/ok

4: WHen it prompts you for a login, use the username and password you set.

Voila, you should now be on the box and able to both download and install the new drivers.
full debug log -> pastebin.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live dropping frames0