Edit music and video library database metadata info directly from inside XBMC GUI?
Lightbulb 
It would be great if the 'edit title' option was extended to be 'edit info' and you could change all sorts of info like plot,runtime etc etc

Ok you can use MediaCompanion etc but that seems a bit heavyweight in some cases. The default scrapers get most things right, most of the time, and I'd much rather just manage my info inside XBMC, then use the export library option to create the .nfos etc.

I think this has been raised as Trac #5407

Anyone else like to see this? It doesn't strike me as something that would be *that* hard to do given that it would just be extending *edit title*

Cheers!
i also would like to see some editing options for the database within XBMC especially in the music section as theres no proper media manager for music. (unless you use the super heavyweight MIP).

For some reason, even though my IDTags are perfect, some formatting becomes a problem. ie "KC & The Sunshine band" comes up as "Kc & The Sunshine band" (ajusts the upper case "C" in "KC").

It would be nice to simply alter these errors in the database within XBMC as you notice them.
I'm bumping this to add my vote.

Can someone in the know tell us if this is ever likely to become a feature? To the layman it would seem the foundations are already there as evidenced by the "edit title" and "get fanart/thumb" features, so extending this to all categories seems plausible.

I know there are some third-party media managers available but I've yet to find one that either works, hasn't died a digital death, or hasn't got features missing. Besides, since XBMC facilitates building the library itself rather than relying on external software, it seems counter-intuitive to not be able to make any modifications to library entries without downloading third-party apps.
There is sort of a solution. There are a couple of web interfaces now available for download in the addons browsers that allow you to manage your media. You access it remotely through your internet browser on another computer, but it is all done within xbmc.
Thanks I'll have a look.
a 10' interface for editing will never be anything but a hassle imo.
10'?
A "10' interface" is an interface designed to be controlled from 10 feet away from the screen meaning you use a single remote and no mouse or keyboard. The whole interface is designed to be easily visible from 10 feet away and therefore there's not that much space available because you have to make all visible parts bigger.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hmm. Not sure i see the problem. You can already manually add items to the library from file view, and you can edit title, thumb and fanart. The rest is an extension of that ability. The display issue must surely apply to every menu screen.
Ofcourse. The fact of the matter is it's clumsy. It's far easier with a mouse and keyboard in a traditional computer interface.

Thus the reason there's no real traction on this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Ofcourse. The fact of the matter is it's clumsy. It's far easier with a mouse and keyboard in a traditional computer interface.

Thus the reason there's no real traction on this.

That's a shame, because the alternative for adding obscure or custom titles, home movies, or tweaking your library is to edit everything via an XML nfo file, which is surely far clumsier. I just think XBMC could be a user friendly all in one in this area, where users never need to start fiddling with nfo files, xml tags and the like.
Or use a web interface to do it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

That would be great, but I can't get a web interface to work. Sad
TheStretchedElf Wrote:Hmm. Not sure i see the problem. You can already manually add items to the library from file view, and you can edit title, thumb and fanart.

Yes but there isn't an ability to add videos to sets just setting the movieset thumb, and there is no adding/removing videos from genres..etc..
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

+1 for me on this. I would really like to be able make a quick change of the genre, or add the mpaa rating that is missing, without having to go to my main computer and using the web interface.

What if you could pull up a check box list of genre, and just use check marks for the changes (similar to the way XWMM handles changes to genre). Maybe do the same thing for the mpaa rating. That would be a simple thing to do using a remote, should satisfy the 10' interface hassles.

As for the movies sets, probably can't get around the need for an on screen keyboard for that one, but that would be fine for me.

That's my 2 cents. Sure its not simple, but it would be helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edit music and video library database metadata info directly from inside XBMC GUI?0