No fixed aspect ratio? And best size chosing.
I want to talk here about the aspect ratio of all the images we have.

As you can see in my other thread List for resolution in respect to the aspect ratio for covers, posters, trailer..., there is not really an aspect ratio. Sure there are aspect ratios, but we have a lot of them.

So if i have a Poster for one Movie that is "One sheet" and for another Movie just "Double crown" they have different sizes. Or a DVD cover and a HD-DVD cover they are also different.

As i see it in the moment they are all stretched to fit the skin. So the only way is most of the time to be satisfied with a stretched poster/cover, or to crop it to the aspect ratio the skin uses.

I think a better way would be to set just the hight or widh to a maximum.

Here we have a HD-DVD/Blu-ray (933 x 1080), a Fanart cover (720 x 1080) and a Video-DVD (755 x 1080)

If we set just the max hight they look like they have to.

That means in the info-screen the strip that separates the Cover from the text needs to be flexible.

The other thing i ask me, myself and i, is the hight for moviegenre-pictures, musicgenre-pictures and
TV Show Thumbs. Lets look at the ones from asphinx. They are 1000px hight.
How big do other people think will we ever show this pictures?
Paradise Wrote:Here we have a HD-DVD/Blu-ray (933 x 1080), a Fanart cover (720 x 1080) and a Video-DVD (755 x 1080)

If we set just the max hight they look like they have to.
Except they'd either overlap or have differing gaps between them which, in my opinion, would look worse than a little stretching.
Whey should they overlap or have differing gaps between?
Because you can only have one set of dimensions for the layout.
Thats how it works Shocked ?

You can not set just the height? I mean everywhere on my pc, from Firefox to the windows viewer, and on my tv, pictures get always resized and keep the ratio.
If you only set the height of the posters you'll end up with varying widths which will mean varying spaces between posters, not to mention the fact that any overlays/borders/etc will not fit the posters.
Hm, didnt know this. My area is html, css, flash...

Thats strange...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No fixed aspect ratio? And best size chosing.0