• 1(current)
HOW-TO compile XBMC for Xbox from SVN
Details in the wiki.
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
hi all,

i'm playing with some stuff that would require making some changes to the mplayer code, or at least adding some additional exports to the dll.  however, i can't figure out how to build the damn dll.  the regular distro of mplayer only seems to support mingw or cygwin for windows, and it seems wierd that the xbox build would be using those.

could someone please give me a description - or a makefile/project file for building the mplayer.dll that is used for xbmc?

thanks in advance,

/meghead
ok, thanks to rjm i found the patch file, in the doc/ directory of the cvs (strange place but anyway...).

i got mplayer building under mingw, albeit with some strange problems with objcopy.exe.  the executable successfully plays files.

next i applied the patch and rebuilt as instructed.  after getting all the sundry stuff installed (except i never fully got ogg vorbis fully working so i took it out of the config.h), i managed, after solving more puzzles than most rpgs, to get an mplayer.dll built.  the dll looks good and has the same exports as the original (as shown by the great depends prog in ms vc++).

now, however, when i try to run xbmc against this dll, it locks up as soon as i try to play a movie file.  obviously something ain't quite right.  i'm still looking into this to try to figure out what's going on, but i was wondering if anybody had any tricks they knew of to get this working?  this is extremely frustrating and is standing in the way of me implementing some neat features towards this project, such as the full ff/rw feature.  

i agree with figuring things out myself, but this seems like something that should not be so tough if we want people to contribute to xbmc development.

thanks in advance

/meghead
i'm getting the following when i'm trying to compile the latest cvs checkout

compiling...
emuregistry.c
linking...
creating xbox image...
imagebld : warning im1029: library xonline is unapproved
imagebld : warning im1030: this image may not be accepted for certification
copying files to the xbox...
xbecopy: error x1001: could not connect to xbox ''

i did set the the solution configurations to release xbox.
i'm compliling with vs.net 2003 and december xdk.
you need to remove the last step in the build, select property page for xbmc and change "excluded from build" from no to yes in the xbox deployment section. unless you have a debug-xbox.

the warnings are just warnings, they just tell you that you might run in to trouble in the ms certification process.
Exclamation 
in creating a fresh xbmc setup it seems there are two additional directories that need to be installed:

- /xbmc/mplayer/codecs/ - you can either download the codecs from the websites listed in readme.txt, or copy them from a "released" build.

- /xbmc/skin/hifi - this directory is present in the 12-31-03 release but not current cvs.  it looks like this directory was renamed to mediacenter.  xbmc wouldn't start up until i copied this directory from 12-31 release.  
   first guess was something referencing it, but no "hifi" turned up via find in file. (figured that would be way too easy)

cheers,
-d
(donman @ jan. 14 2004,04:54 Wrote:- /xbmc/skin/hifi - this directory is present in the 12-31-03 release but not current cvs.  it looks like this directory was renamed to mediacenter.  xbmc wouldn't start up until i copied this directory from 12-31 release.  
   first guess was something referencing it, but no "hifi" turned up via find in file.  (figured that would be way too easy)
it hasn't ben renamed. mediacenter is the official skin from the cvs and the hifi one is and addition from onkel bouncy (not in the cvs). the only reason xbmc won't start for you is that you set hifi as default in your general settings but it wasn't there when you start the fresh build (without the hifi skin).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
not sure how i changed it, but cool! thanks for the explanation.

-d
hi-- this is my first attempt at compiling.

i have december xbox sdk, visual studio .net 2003, and i followed frodo's directions to get the source code from sourceforge through wincvs.

everything seems to work okay until i load up the solution in visual studio .net. it gives me 4 errors when it tries to load.

it says the following four things are not available:

c:\xbmc\xbmc\cores\dllloader\dllloader.vcproj
c:\xbmc\guilib\guilib.vcproj
c:\xbmc\xbmc\lib\libfilezilla\xbfilezilla.vcproj
c:\xbmc\xbmc.vcproj

what did i do wrong?
i have exact the same problem. i use a german installation of visual studio 2003 .net.

whats wrong with my setup ?

sers

b54
hi all,

fixed the problem, the solution was reinstalling the xdk.

now it worx fine Smile
trying to compile the 2004-02-01 cvs tarball.

i get the following error:

application.obj : error lnk2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool _ _thiscall cxbfilezilla : Confusedtart(void)" (?start@cxbfilezilla@@qae_nxz) referenced in function "public: virtual long __thiscall capplication::initialize(void)" (?initialize@capplication@@uaejxz)

any ideas?
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
i am having no such issues.

is this a rebuild solution? you can try doing a clean first and then rebuild.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
well i did a clean and then rebuild.

i first get thiss error:
link : fatal error lnk1104: cannot open file 'guilib/release/guilib.lib'

even though the file guilib.lib has been rebuilt.

if i run the build a second time without doing a clean i get the earlier reported unresolved external issue.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
check the project dependencies. when i looked the other day they were all cleared, i think they should all be ticked. then try doing a rebuild.

mrc
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO compile XBMC for Xbox from SVN0