HOW-TO compile mplayer.dll from CVS
updated

please pm me any modifications you seam fit.

now why compile mplayer.dll you ask.

isn´t it in cvs already?

yes it is.
but sometimes we may forget to update the included mplayer.dll so there actually is a newer one then in cvs...

first of you need to get mingw:

i find that this is a good place. start the install and choose the full. (~45mb in total to download)

then you download minsys, again, this is a good place todo so.

start by installing mingw. a root dir is the best place, c:\mingw for instanc

then install minsys and complete the questions you get after install in the command window.

now get this file and unzip. (use winzip or winrar to open it)

move the bin , lib and libexec dirs to the mingw install folder and overwrite the old bin and lib folders there.

now you need the mplayer source, and it is as easy to get via cvs as the xbmc source.

i suggest tortoisecvs as your cvs client.

install and reboot when asked..

in c: (for example) make a folder called mplayer (all lowercase)
right click next to it and you will have some new additions. choose checkout and enter the info below.

use this as cvsroot:

:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/xbmc

use this as your module:

mplayer

when you got the source down you fire up minsys.

write in the path to your mplayer folder

example:

Quote:cd c:
cd mplayer

now type:

./configurexbmc

or

./configurexbmc --disable-libavformat

Quote:elupus:using the --disable-avformat tag disables as it says libavformat. it means that the dll now relies on only demuxers present in mplayer directly. i don't know exactly what demuxers might not exist there, but there might be some.

the use of that tag will lower mem usage with about .8mb, so it could be a lifesaver for those of you who are running hd rezes, but as i said it limits some of the dll's functionallity when it comes to obscure formats.

ps. gcc3.4.4 is the only 3.4.x series working. forget about any older.

a whole lot should start happening.

when it is done write:

make

again, it will start compiling so sit back while it does this. (ignore any errors it may give you)

when done with the make write this:

makedll

this makes the mplayer.dll as you might have guessed.

there, all done and you should now have a cvs version of the mplayer.dll

to quit just type exit and hit enter

when you later update and want to make a new compile, start winsys and do the ./configurexbmc (or as i wrote at the top ./configurexbmc --disable-libavformat) then make and finaly makedll

why do ./configurexbmc /.configurexbmc --disable-libavformat again you ask?

well, calls to the mplayer.dll might have changed and thus you make sure you always have a correct dll. Smile

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thumbs Up 
good stuff (though moved into the guide-forum), maybe you or someone else can replicate this guide in a new appendix of the online-manual?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
added to manual
:help:

after makedll i get this:

$ makedll
*** compiling mplayer.dll
creating library file: mplayer_.lib
subreader.o(.text+0x3211)Confusedubreader.c: undefined reference to `libiconv'
subreader.o(.text+0x3640)Confusedubreader.c: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
subreader.o(.text+0x393d)Confusedubreader.c: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
subreader.o(.text+0x39b4)Confusedubreader.c: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
subreader.o(.text+0x44d8)Confusedubreader.c: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
subreader.o(.text+0x5668)Confusedubreader.c: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
subreader.o(.text+0x56c7)Confusedubreader.c: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
subreader.o(.text+0x5721)Confusedubreader.c: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
subreader.o(.text+0x57e6)Confusedubreader.c: undefined reference to `libiconv'
make: *** [dll] error 1

what's the problem??
do you enable libiconv or libfreetype in configurexbmc?
recomended to download csv now.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
sorry this is my first try.
i only did what is written in the first threat.
download cvs now, please.
in your configurexbmc must to have this line: --disable-iconv

a) download cvs now.
b) ./configurexbmc
c) make
d) makedll

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
fixed/added the --disable-iconv \ in configurexbmc now so a new checkout (or adding it manually) will fix the makedll command Smile
:bowdown:
thank you.
but it has to be --disable-iconv \
edit: too late.

thank you all.
(dday @ aug. 27 2004,23:11 Wrote:fixed/added the --disable-iconv \ in configurexbmc
think i managed to get the \ in there Wink
i've followed all the steps up to ./configurexbmc.

it goes through the checking for gcc version process but i finally get the following error:

error: bad gcc version

i've extracted the files from the rar file and moved them to c:\mingw so i'm not sure what i am doing wrong.
i've got exactly the same problem... bad gcc version. i've tried downloading more than one gcc package and putting it in just about every directory i can think of... can't seem to figure it out.

is there any chance someone could post a link to a compiled mplayer.dll from a recent cvs?

thanks...
(thriftynomad @ feb. 12 2005,20:01 Wrote:i've got exactly the same problem... bad gcc version. i've tried downloading more than one gcc package and putting it in just about every directory i can think of... can't seem to figure it out.

is there any chance someone could post a link to a compiled mplayer.dll from a recent cvs?

thanks...
then try the new mingw version !

mingw
:bowdown:
hi. this topic has been dormant, but i have a newbie question.

why would you want to complie your own cvs for mplayer.dll? what benefits do you get? should i do this myself?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO compile mplayer.dll from CVS0