[WINDOWS] HDMI audio fails to intialize
I have read through tons of threads about audio not initializing when set to digital. I have my audio going from my Asus motherboard with hdmi to my tv. Then I have an optical sound cord going to my receiver which is dts and dolby digital.

Everytime I play an mkv file I get that error. I have tried to disable all my other sound devices (realtek optical out). Does anyone have any kind of suggestion for me. I am completely stumped at why this will not work. I have Vista and am running a current build of xbmc.

I am thinking there is a bios setting or a setting within Vista I am missing. My bios has an option to choose between hdmi or s/pdif. It is currently set to s/pdif. Within my nvidia sound control, Vista has an option to test which formats my receiver is able to decode and it lists dts, dd, and mwa pro. When I hit test, it says tone can't be played. I am %100 certain my receiver can handle it because I tested it with bluray and the light came on for dts.

ANY suggestions are most welcomed because I don't know what else to do. Thanks to anyone who can help
ekim232 Wrote:I have read through tons of threads about audio not initializing when set to digital. I have my audio going from my Asus motherboard with hdmi to my tv. Then I have an optical sound cord going to my receiver which is dts and dolby digital.

Everytime I play an mkv file I get that error. I have tried to disable all my other sound devices (realtek optical out). Does anyone have any kind of suggestion for me. I am completely stumped at why this will not work. I have Vista and am running a current build of xbmc.

I am thinking there is a bios setting or a setting within Vista I am missing. My bios has an option to choose between hdmi or s/pdif. It is currently set to s/pdif. Within my nvidia sound control, Vista has an option to test which formats my receiver is able to decode and it lists dts, dd, and mwa pro. When I hit test, it says tone can't be played. I am %100 certain my receiver can handle it because I tested it with bluray and the light came on for dts.

ANY suggestions are most welcomed because I don't know what else to do. Thanks to anyone who can help

I often have to make sure I enable a display before audio goes to my receiver via hdmi. I can enable the display, then disable it, and the sound will goto the receiver fine. Not sure if this helps.. let us know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HDMI audio fails to intialize0