Switching audio channels?
Hey guys,

before I add my feature request, I have to know if XBMC can possibly change the channels of an audio track. As a simply example, switch left and right. As some kind of more advanced example, switch front left to rear right.

Thanks!
Can I ask why you would need this? I dont want to assume what setup you have, but as a feature not many people will use it might not happen. There are still other options sometimes though depending on what you want to achieve
either
1) plug your cables correctly
or
2) reencode your movies properly.

we do not support such shenanigans, nor do i see why we should
Well, thanks for the friendly replies first...

I attached a little picture to show what I mean.
This is my living room setup. If channel switching was possible, I only had to re-arrange the center speaker everytime I switch to the projector.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person who projects to a different wall than the one where the TV is.

What OS are you running, as on windows and probably linux too, you can 'interfere' with the audio path before it gets sent out the sound card.

i imagine that a 3rd party program would be able to achieve this.
Sounds interesting ... I'm on Win XP right now, possibly changing to a stripped down Win 2000 if XBMC runs okay on that.

Thanks!
Player4 Wrote:Well, thanks for the friendly replies first...

This is my living room setup. If channel switching was possible, I only had to re-arrange the center speaker everytime I switch to the projector.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person who projects to a different wall than the one where the TV is.

If there IS a driver solution for this... how fussy are you about the timing delay on the AV amp?

You could always consider some smart speaker switching
Player4 Wrote:Well, thanks for the friendly replies first...

If there IS a driver solution for this... how fussy are you about the timing delay on the AV amp?

You could always consider some smart speaker switching
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows...ocmmt.aspx

worth a read

I think this thread might be better moved though (no disrespect), I doubt XBMC will natively offer such functionality (but it's still worth discussing in general support).
As a matter of fact, I will be including support for this in masteraudio at some point, as I would also like to be able to 'rotate' the sound 90-degrees. It is a trivial matter for PCM and decoded sources. For passthrough, it will only be possible for formats for which we also have an encoder, and even then would not be advisable.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching audio channels?0