• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Trailer Addict (Video) Plugin
nmirza Wrote:How come this isn't available in the add ons section of xbmc? I've looked everywhere in it can't find it

I'm trying to test out the bugs before I add it to the xbmc addon repository.
Great job, I tried the plugin up and down and didn't find even a glitch.

About your logo request, this what I made...

Image Image

Compressed file with two more little variations.

If you don't like the vintage look or text in logo I take suggestions, I will not pull a full original icon, but can work in base of something perhaps, at least an idea or theme.
KiSUAN Wrote:Great job, I tried the plugin up and down and didn't find even a glitch.

About your logo request, this what I made...

Image Image

Compressed file with two more little variations.

If you don't like the vintage look or text in logo I take suggestions, I will not pull a full original icon, but can work in base of something perhaps, at least an idea or theme.

Nice, but a little too vintage.

Version 1.0.3

- Fixed playback errors
- Updated icon

http://code.google.com/p/plugin/downloads/list
Version 1.0.4

- Replaced os.getcwd with addon.getAddonInfo('path')
- Added Featured Trailers menu
- Added Front page trailers to the main menu
- Cleaned up code
- Updated icon
- Other minor changes

Downloads & Updates are available via XBMC Add-ons
Just installed from within XBMC Add-ons, works excellent.

XBMC noob question for you if you wouldn't mind helping me out: I have in Video Settings > File lists > Default selection = Show Information. With this setting, hitting ENTER on the trailer does not play, I have to use "Play using..." and select a player (can use DVDPlayer of course, default). So this is only because there is no "Show Information" available for the trailer and hence it can't complete that command if it's default, right?

Because changing the Video Settings > File lists > Default selection to "Choose" brings up Play / Show Information / More..., at which point Play works just fine. Just trying to be clear on XBMC function and this add-on, apologize if this isn't appropriate for the thread.

Excellent add-on mate, greatly appreciated!

P.S. Any way to know which res one is watching? ie., 480/720/etc.
colbert Wrote:Just installed from within XBMC Add-ons, works excellent.

XBMC noob question for you if you wouldn't mind helping me out: I have in Video Settings > File lists > Default selection = Show Information. With this setting, hitting ENTER on the trailer does not play, I have to use "Play using..." and select a player (can use DVDPlayer of course, default). So this is only because there is no "Show Information" available for the trailer and hence it can't complete that command if it's default, right?

Because changing the Video Settings > File lists > Default selection to "Choose" brings up Play / Show Information / More..., at which point Play works just fine. Just trying to be clear on XBMC function and this add-on, apologize if this isn't appropriate for the thread.

Excellent add-on mate, greatly appreciated!

Wow. I didn't know that setting was there in XBMC. Laugh I left out show information because there are some points within the Trailer Addict site where there are no media information. I could try to scrape movie information for each trailer, but the addon would load slowly. The best I can do is add the movie title and thumbnail in the show information dialog.

colbert Wrote:P.S. Any way to know which res one is watching? ie., 480/720/etc.

Again, there is no information available on the Trailer Addict site. The addon will only know if the trailer is HD at the point it's played. Anyways, the addon plays the best format available.

Thanks again for the feedback.
stacked Wrote:Wow. I didn't know that setting was there in XBMC. Laugh I left out show information because there are some points within the Trailer Addict site where there are no media information. I could try to scrape movie information for each trailer, but the addon would load slowly. The best I can do is add the movie title and thumbnail in the show information dialog.

Hehe, yeah I am finding a new option/setting everyday it seems Big Grin

I personally can't see the benefit of you adding use of the Show Information screen for the trailers, especially if it would slow any part of it down for a perfectly fine add-on as it is. I mean, seriously-- it's a trailer, does one really need a synopsis for a 1-2.5 minute video? Hitting play on "Thor" should be pretty straightforward as to what the next 1-2 minutes will be Rofl

stacked Wrote:Again, there is no information available on the Trailer Addict site. The addon will only know if the trailer is HD at the point it's played. Anyways, the addon plays the best format available.

Thanks again for the feedback.

No worries, this add-on is most excellent as it is and your work is appreciated!

I'm curious if you or anyone has tried to make one for the apple.com/trailer site? I have been using that old-school style with shell for ages. Typically I'll go to a trailer page, right-click on the desired resolution, copy link, paste in shell and where the filename is "tron-tlr1_720p.mov" it has to have an "h" added just before the resolution, so it would be "tron-tlr1_h720p.mov" and it grabs them superbly, at full possible speed of my connection. Again just curious, I'm new to XBMC and the potential is just very intriguing Smile
Here is a first version of a modification of the trailer addict addon with couch potato support: http://www.mediafire.com/?2n1g9vpjgd5k78d

My contribution is just the integration with couch potato. stacked is the original creator of the add on
As it is my first contact with an xbmc add on and even worst my first experience with python, the code is probably ugly and may still be buggy but at least it works for me. Please give me feedbacks

The configuration of couch potato has to be made within the add on settings.

how to use: fill add on settings and then contextual menu on a movie or trailer + add to couchpotato

stacked, feel free to integrate my code if you think it is worst it Wink
Any chance of a pre-eden version?
Great plugin

Many Thanks
For now, install from zip:
https://github.com/stacked/plugin.video....all/master
Hi Guys,

Thinking of trying Aeon MQ3 on a nightly build, will this add on work with that

m0v1em4n
Hi Stacked,

Love the add-on, but I have one little request.

Is it possible to make the thumb nail a better quality, referring to the list view, don't seem to get any thumbs in wall view Shocked

m0v1em4n
I guess I'm just an idiot but somehow I'm missing something here...

It used to be that I could play trailers in 480p no problem, with no buffering issues...but now regardless of whether I use IMDB or moviedb, it buffers...this is not the case outside of xbmc...anyway

Because of this, I tried this traileraddict addon. I installed it and it shows as enabled but as far as I can tell, the trailers play the same way as before. Is there something else in settings I need to do so that xbmc uses the traileraddict trailers?

I'm running the latest version of transparency on xp...not sure if that matters...

Sorry if this is a really dumb question...

Thanks
I use MPC-HC as external player. Can you make something to make my external player work when I want to play trailers with this plugin?
Don't dream your life, live your dream
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Trailer Addict (Video) Plugin2