• 3(current)
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)
Jezz_X Wrote:Its odd though that linux has no issues
I've been having a lot of issues on Linux, but I thought it was just the Aeon mod I was using - they seem to be happening regardless of skin though.
Lots of issues with nfo/scraper duplicate fields and XBMC crashing out to the desktop.
Aenima99x Wrote:Same here, I thought I was just me. Actually I've been having problems with Aeon too, I'm thinking it *might* be related to the Recently Added script.

well you can turn that off from running in skin settings (or just delete/rename the script)
Jezz_X Wrote:well you can turn that off from running in skin settings (or just delete/rename the script)
I've been renaming it and it seems to fix it, but I like using it Sad
Actually I'm wondering if something with my Python is just borked, some of my scripts have been crashing out too.
Jezz_X: You know we love it already, but for those that haven't tried it, I'm pretty sure that skunk + JustMeD will agree with me when I say:

This is Mediastream made usable

As for what else is needed: Only 3 things spring to mind:

1. A better view for Posters for tvshows - I think only "List" works well here atm (i.e. an infolist view). Not sure how easy that'd be - it might need new stuff added to XBMC to be easy enough?

2. Remove or merge some of the other views. I felt a couple were too similar to warrant their place in this awesome skin. You know I'm all about minimizing this stuff.

3. Get Skin settings into the settings screen, and not separate.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok so here is one instance when I go the videos library. I use info wrap as the view. If I hold down an arrow key it will scroll fast for a few seconds then just dies or crashes to the desktop. This is the svn21248. This does not happen with the original mediastream skin.

Log here - http://pastebin.com/m6964fa02

It seems like it died while trying to make a thumbnail for an existing entry that didnt have one. <-- This is not correct. It does the same thing even with the option to make a thumbnail is not checked.

Another Edit: This does not happen in svn21223. I cant get it to crash with this subversion.
In Media Info View, I really like the Small Fanart, but it looks weird with regular fanart.
Then when I go down to Season or Episode level, I'd like fanart in the background.

Is it possible to have fanart in seasons & episodes but not TV Shows?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Is there any way to also get the HDTV logo to be added to the sources? The bluray and hddvd ones are showng up nicely BTW. Just tell me if I am pushing my luck.
I also noticed that your button for Enable Auto Scrolling For Plot And Review (Skin Setting > General) is kinda weird. It oes away and turns grey instead of beig grey and turning blue. You will see what I mean.
Jezz, this is awesome.

I tried Mediastream and loved the look of it, but being a creature of habit, I couldn't get around fast enough in it, so I went back to PMIII.

Also, I'm an xbox user, and Mediastream was a bit slower on xbox.

This seems to solve both problems, and is a beautiful skin.

Thanks a bunch.

-Wes
rwparris2 Wrote:In Media Info View, I really like the Small Fanart, but it looks weird with regular fanart.
Then when I go down to Season or Episode level, I'd like fanart in the background.

Is it possible to have fanart in seasons & episodes but not TV Shows?

Jezz_X Wrote:rwparris2 if you edit myvideo nav and change line 28 to this it might work <visible>Skin.HasSetting(VideoLibraryTVFanart) + !Control.IsVisible(504)</visible>

It does, thanks Jezz_X!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
SlaveUnit Wrote:Is there any way to also get the HDTV logo to be added to the sources? The bluray and hddvd ones are showng up nicely BTW. Just tell me if I am pushing my luck.
Not really somthing I will add but I made it easy for you guys too just open up IncludesCodecFlagging.xml add the image and condition for it then put the hdtv logo in the flagging folder. (bare in mind the current implimentation has limits to its width of images it can display so some might get pushed out of view if you add to many unless you dig in and modify the view code that is)

SlaveUnit Wrote:I also noticed that your button for Enable Auto Scrolling For Plot And Review (Skin Setting > General) is kinda weird. It oes away and turns grey instead of beig grey and turning blue. You will see what I mean.
Thanks for this one fixed
jmarshall Wrote:...1. A better view for Posters for tvshows - I think only "List" works well here atm (i.e. an infolist view). Not sure how easy that'd be - it might need new stuff added to XBMC to be easy enough?
Cheers,
Jonathan

Just so Everyone knows Posters for tv shows is currently unsupported maybe by version 1.0 but I personally use and prefer banners
Thanks Jezz_X. This is awesome stuff !!!

First impressions (after an hour of play)
  • the sub-menu for "misc options" is slick
  • "playing" in the "left menu" is also slick
    ... but this seems to be in lue of having the video visible in all the GUI screens No
    ... navigating while still seeing the video would be nice
  • "now playing" on the home screen only shows the thumb... why not the video stream ?
  • MS had the blue/grey "eye" to the left of each episode (for watched state)
    ... this is now in the "item display" (left side)
    ... same for TV shows & seasons ( xx total // xx watched )
    now this can only be seen on the selected item
    making it harder to find where i left off
  • in VideoOSD the new volume bar & paused "bubbles" are an improvement
  • the left-side OSD ... not so much
    when audio / video settings are open ... almost the entire video is obstructed
    ... this seemed less in your face in the original
im hoping some of these "short-comings" can be addressed
but please dont take any of this as negative
reDux rocks
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Jezz_X Wrote:Just so Everyone knows Posters for tv shows is currently unsupported maybe by version 1.0 but I personally use and prefer banners

Ditto -- I personally use and prefer banners too
i hope you dont change this Jezz_X
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Jezz_X,
as you make changes or fixes to this will you re-upload to the first post again? Or should we just wait for the next release?

Skunkmonkee,
I still think a lot of us would like to see you update Mediastream. What Jezz_X has done is give us a nice example ( and final solution for some) of how smooth the skin can be with the latest features being used from XBMC. The tagging feature is a very nice addition as well. Although his redux is very new, I am still very torn on what one to use at this point. I hate making decisions. Wink Either way we all win though!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake)8