XBMC Dropping Frames
Hi guys,

I was hoping you could give me a hand with a problem I have.

If I play any video at all, after I pause, fast forward, rewind, XBMC will start dropping frames every second or so. The video and sound skips forward, and by pressing "O" I can see the number of dropped frames going up.
Sometimes completely stopping the video and restarting will fix it, sometimes I need to exit XBMC completely.

This didn't happen with Atlantis, but has happened with every build Babylon and after.

I am currently running build XBMC pre-9.10 r21223 (Compiled : Jun 26 2009), but has happened with every build since Babylon.

Debug log is here:
http://pastebin.com/me0e7d7d

PC is running XP Service Pack 3
CPU is a 3.0 Ghz Prescott Pentium 4
1GB Ram
Nvidia 6800GS Video Card
Maudio Dealt Audiophile 2496 Sound Card - SPDIF digital
Have you played with the scaling or rendering features at all?
It does it whether I have upscaling on or off.

Could it be a sound issue, I saw:
"DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuty - was:183346238.856297, should be:184376836.649608, error:1030597.793311" repeated in the logs around the time when it has the issue.
I didn't want to bring it up but since Monday SVN builds it's been dropping frames to.

I wasn't going to bring it up as it was SVN and the devs often to weird things, I think it was okay last night.. after another svn update
Anyone have any ideas on this one?
Later SVN updates haven't fixed the problem, and I've found that the same symptom (not dropping frames obviously, but the audio skipping that goes with it) happens even in Music after fast forwarding or changing tracks etc.
It makes watching videos impossible and I've had to use an external player which is less than ideal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Dropping Frames0