No 'Scan item to database' in CM?
I'm on a G4 Mini using babylon. Got my external drive mapped as a source. Can't find a way to add all the music to the library!

According to the XBMC Online Manual:

"To scan your music collection into the Music Library, first make sure you are not in 'Library Mode' (checkmark on the left). Next browse to the location of your music collection and brings up the The Context Menu menu with various options. Select the option labelled "Scan item to database". XBMC will then proceed to scan the selected music source in the background into the database/library. Once the scan is complete, you can browse your collection by selecting 'Library Mode'."

Problem is... there is no "Scan item to database" option. There is a "stop scanning" option, but I never started the scan. Does it do it automatically?

Thanks.
It'll start it automatically if you told it to in settings. Scan and Stop scanning are mutually exclusive, which is why you can't find what you're looking for.
Ahh I see. yes it was auto scanning and getting hung on an artist. Guess I'll have to add them manually one by one. Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No 'Scan item to database' in CM?0