[LIVE] XBMC completely freezes playing MPEG1 videos
Live 9.04.1, XBMC SVN:21829

When I try to play a MPEG1 video file from the library, XBMC completely freezes before getting any video output on the screen, i.e. it gets stuck in the library menu. Any input from remote or keyboard doesn't work, and only way out is to hard reboot.

xbmc.log
Hmm, it suddenly started to play after waiting several minutes. :confused2: New logfile below.

xbmc.log
Problem seems to be related to library mode, because in file mode there's no problem. Video starts to play instantly there. I suspect it has something to do with the media flagging, i.e. it struggles to extract the info from mpeg files.
Yeah, this seems to be media extraction related. Please disable it and report back if its working OK.
If it's reproducible file a new bug report and attach a sample file to test with, thanks.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Okay, have done some more testing, and found that it was one of the mpeg files that caused the problem. When this particular mpeg file was in the library, and media extraction was enabled, it would freeze XBMC for several minutes when browsing that TV shows season folder. I took the file out of the library and all worked as it should do. I have now just converted the file to an AVI, so problem solved. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] XBMC completely freezes playing MPEG1 videos0