Showcase chugs
My media center pc is a 3 ghz pentium w/ 2 gigs of ram. Showcase is slow and unresponsive at times. As I flip through movies, I'll see one movie multiple times until the processor can catch up with the speed I'm browsing at. Or sometimes I'll jump to a random area of the library. Showcase runs fairly smooth on my quad-core desktop. I'm new here, but it seems like auriga and showcase are relatively new to xbmc. Is this in the process of being optimized? I'm tempted to just get a better processor in my media center because I like Aeon so much, would I be jumping the gun?

edit: when in "cover flow" mode, flat works fine
Hi fantoboy...I'm relatively new here as well (but getting better and better all the time). One thing I noticed since installing the latest XBMC (with the native media flagging enabled), that it will take a while for the system to get "snappy" again. And I think it's because it is going through your entire movie collection and adding HD/SD and other meta data to your database. I noticed is was really slow for about 20 minutes as it churned it's way through my collection. Then the responsiveness came back.

That being said, I do think the latest Aeon/Auriga stuff is a little slower than previous versions, but the talented guys working on this stuff will more than likely get to optimizing as time allows.

Hope this helps you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showcase chugs1