Background images in subfolders (i.e. recursive listing for multiimages)?
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is specific to MediaStream or not...

I want to use by cover art as the background images for the music section. I have all my album folders stored within a folder named 'x:\albums\".
I have set x:\albums as the folder for the music background images. I just get blank screens now.
How can I make it use all the folder.jpg files located in the subfolders?

I have the same problem with tv shows and pictues also. I set the top level folder for each section but the actual image files are in subfolders and so are not used as backgrounds.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks for any help!
Nope - the multiimage control only fetches images from the one folder.

This may be something that skinners wish to do (i.e. allow recursive fetching) - but it would require background fetching at a minimum, something we currently don't do.

Moving to skinning feature requests.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

so in practice, how do people usually organise background images?

Do you manually find some images, create a folder specifically for these and then point the skin to that folder?

Is there any way anyone has figured out to have the music background images dynamically link to the albumart in the library? (Or have the tv backgrounds automatically set to use the fanart from all tv shows?)
Correct - that is what people normally do.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Background images in subfolders (i.e. recursive listing for multiimages)?0