[RELEASE] TopDocumentary (Video) Plugin
just wanted to give a heads up topdocumentary seems to no longer be working, it started this behavior today if a debug is needed let me know.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:just wanted to give a heads up topdocumentary seems to no longer be working, it started this behavior today if a debug is needed let me know.

Fixed it with Rev. 04. Let me know if its not working with any specific show. Thanks for the heads up.
Not a problem, I have loved this plugin from the day you first released it. I am grateful that you are willing to keep it up to date. Keep up the good work sir.
it would appear that the plugin may need to be updated, they have added some stuff, but cannot access through the plugin and at least on my end a good deal of the content listed will either not play or has been removed but still showing up from within the plugin.
If I go to "install from zip" and select the top.documentary zip file, nothing happens.

Is this working for the Dharma addon system?

Thanks
no.
Hi all,

Revised. Compatible with Dharma RC 2. Support documentaries stream from youtube, google and dailymotion (covers ~70%)
There are a number of docs on the site that I'm unable to locate in the categories within the plugin. For example Carl Sagan's Cosmos series is listed online under science as youtube video, but is not found in that category within the plugin.

Could a search function be implemented to assist in locating specific films?

thanks
Ok, I'll look into putting search box there.

p/s: Carl Sagan's Cosmos series (Youtube 50 Parts) is available in the plugin although you need some effort to go further deep down the pages.
I'm getting

ERROR: Package plugin.video.topdoc.zip is not a valid addon

...with the official Dharma release on Windows 7.

Any ideas?
richardk Wrote:I'm getting

ERROR: Package plugin.video.topdoc.zip is not a valid addon

...with the official Dharma release on Windows 7.

Any ideas?

Sorry to hear that, you may consider manual installation perhaps. For windows %APPDATA%\XBMC\plugins\video\
plugin updated:

- add search function
- add variants of youtube video source

comments/suggestions are welcomed.
nixa Wrote:Sorry to hear that, you may consider manual installation perhaps. For windows %APPDATA%\XBMC\plugins\video\

Thanks! That worked perfectly.
Given that the documentaries are usually divided in parts, isn't this addon supposed to automatically queue all the parts and show the entire documentary at once? I'm not getting that behavior, when I click "play part 1" it plays only that part. Not very comfortable that way.

And also, is it really necessary having 2 different menus before actually getting to "play"? For example, I click "doc name" and get a menu with "doc name part 1", "doc name part 2", etc. Clicking "doc part 1" brings me to another menu with "doc name part 1", "doc name part 1". Is this normal or is there something wrong with my xbmc or plugin?

Thanks and again congratulations.
pingomister Wrote:Given that the documentaries are usually divided in parts, isn't this addon supposed to automatically queue all the parts and show the entire documentary at once? I'm not getting that behavior, when I click "play part 1" it plays only that part. Not very comfortable that way.

And also, is it really necessary having 2 different menus before actually getting to "play"? For example, I click "doc name" and get a menu with "doc name part 1", "doc name part 2", etc. Clicking "doc part 1" brings me to another menu with "doc name part 1", "doc name part 1". Is this normal or is there something wrong with my xbmc or plugin?

Thanks and again congratulations.

The add-on scraps exactly as it shows in the website/video source. Youtube breaks long video into parts and it is not possible at the moment (enlighten me if there is a code) to merge all the parts into one single video.

I'll flatten the redundant directories to the video links in the next update.

Thanks again for your comments.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TopDocumentary (Video) Plugin0