Adding tv shows to the library
I seem to be pulling my hair out trying to get this to work, but I can't seem able to add tv shows to the library. At the moment I'm just doing an experiment with a single episode of chuck.

I've added a source which has two directories, Movies and TV Shows.

I've set the content on the movies directory and it's correctly picking up the movies and adding them to the library.

However, no matter what I do it is not adding any tv shows to the tv show library at all. I've set the content for the tv shows to "videos\tv shows".

The directory structure is videos\tv shows\chuck\chuck - s01e01.avi

I've been trying various filename variations, I've added the advancedsettings.xml to my userdata directory from the advancedsettings.xml wiki link.

See below for copy and paste:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
    <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo_[s01]_[e01] -->
    <regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo.1x09 -->
    <regexp>[\._ \-][Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo, s01e01, foo.s01.e01, foo.s01-e01 -->
    <regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo.103 -->
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

On the file name front I've tried, many, many variations. For example, without the show name, with the show name, without spacing.. etc. (for example, chuck.s01.e01.avi, chuck.s01e01.avi...)

Am I missing something here? Good thing I have only copied one of my dvd's across, otherwise I think I'd be quite psychotic with anger at this time.
Please see the sticky about reporting a problem in a useful manner. Thanks.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
You might try adding the Season to path, ie:

TV Shows\Chuck\Season 1\Chuck - S01E01.avi

Also, check on the TVDB website and make sure your file
is named exactly as on TVDB.
Season in path only helps if you are using my extra regex (see sticky in this forum). XBMC by default uses filename only
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
AlmostEvil Wrote:I seem to be pulling my hair out trying to get this to work, but I can't seem able to add tv shows to the library. At the moment I'm just doing an experiment with a single episode of chuck.

I've added a source which has two directories, Movies and TV Shows.

I've set the content on the movies directory and it's correctly picking up the movies and adding them to the library.

However, no matter what I do it is not adding any tv shows to the tv show library at all. I've set the content for the tv shows to "videos\tv shows".

The directory structure is videos\tv shows\chuck\chuck - s01e01.avi

I've been trying various filename variations, I've added the advancedsettings.xml to my userdata directory from the advancedsettings.xml wiki link.

See below for copy and paste:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
    <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo_[s01]_[e01] -->
    <regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo.1x09 -->
    <regexp>[\._ \-][Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo, s01e01, foo.s01.e01, foo.s01-e01 -->
    <regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo.103 -->
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

On the file name front I've tried, many, many variations. For example, without the show name, with the show name, without spacing.. etc. (for example, chuck.s01.e01.avi, chuck.s01e01.avi...)

Am I missing something here? Good thing I have only copied one of my dvd's across, otherwise I think I'd be quite psychotic with anger at this time.

Do this instead:

[Ss]([0-9]+)[Ee]([0-9]+)

Failing that:
Create TWO sources, one for movies, one for TV shows
Set the content type accordingly for each
Re scan

Note:
you MAY find this useful too http://www.regextester.com (it's an online regex tester which will help you work out the regex must better and prove it). Use the regex I gave you, and you should be fine
Honestly, the original posters fileformats are picked up by default. The problem is likely the user setting content incorrectly. Adding stuff to advancedsettings.xml without understanding the problem is stupid. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times:

DO NOT TRY AND FIX THINGS WITHOUT LOOKING AT A DEBUG LOG!!!!!

Ah, feels much better.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding tv shows to the library0