aeon and the "image stutter"
okay .. there have been plenty of posts about this so far .. some even saying that because of this they won't use the skin (i'm not THAT extreme)

anyway .. i mentioned this in the skinning development forum and the issue with background loading with the old poster being replaced by the new incoming poster after a split second delay seems to be Aeon specific

it seems to me that we as a group should try to figure this out .. cause preloaditems DOES NOT resolve this issue .. it actually does nothing as far as i can tell on my setup (people have said the same thing in Hitchers thread about his mod)

the only way to "fix" this right now is to change background="true" to background="false" but thats not really a fix .. now is it Wink

jmarshall Wrote:Sounds like an Aeon-ism in that case. It's probably not using an actual list container to display the stuff, rather constructing it's own list using image controls etc.
that's from the skinning development forum .. anyone more skilled at skinning care to take a stab at jmarshall's comment and/or how to fix aeon?
Well adding <preloaditems>-</preloaditems> works just fine for me.

Showcase does however display stuff outside of the list container in Flow mode but I think the new image coming into display is the cause of the 'flicker'. If it was outside of the screen I don't think it would be a problem.
showcase flat .. no problems
multiplex .. i get a default icon for a split second .. followed by actual poster
showcase coverflow .. i get the "old pic" that used to be there for a split second ... followed by the new real poster
And you've definitely added <preloaditems> to Multiplex?
Yeah it is showcase coverflow where it shows the most. Sometimes I get a flicker between 2-3 posters before it get's to the correct one.
just took a look again .. i added the preload into multiplex and works now nicely (with both 16x9 and regular posters)

showcase works fine in flat mode but not in flow .. so i guess its not a loading issue but something else ??
Hi guys....sorry for the newbie question but,

Where are you adding <preload items> to? Is it a specific file?

Thanks for the help!
http://github.com/pletopia/aeon/commit/4...da3939031a

i just pushed it to my fork of aeon .. don't ask me about the values listed there .. i just copied and pasted it from Hitchers files
i really wish there was some way to get flow to work properly .. its such a kickass view imho .. only thing that prevents it from being perfect is that little new incoming frame holding on to the image for that split second before the new one gets filled in Undecided

the really weird part is that if its in flat mode and you scroll faster it will display the default png for a split second ..
okay .. something very strange

i was playing around with andyblac's mod .. and when i use 16x9 banners .. multiplex .. flow layout .. i don't get the split second thinggie happening

however when i set the skin to use posters for tv .. in the same setup as above .. i get the thing

maybe its cause showcase flow .. and andy's multiplex flow in general have more images and thats what's causing it ?? cause when you set the skin to use 16x9 banners instead of posters there are less of them

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
aeon and the "image stutter"0