[REQUEST] Customizable Home Menu Items?
Lightbulb 
Apparently, its possible in the current XBMC code to have Custom Menu items in Menu options.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...post365388

Does anybody know how to make a Mod with this as I'd love to be able to add Custom links to the Home Page.
Custom Links only if you edit the .xml files.
Yeah you say that but hit the link. The Devs are saying its possible to do it in the GUI if the skinner puts it in there. That the code is there to do it.
Hi guys...

I know this has continually been discussed, but it would sure be great if there was a way to do it (without coding) for us regular users. It would be great to have a dedicated section on the Home Page for things like "Home Movies" and "Music Videos", etc. I know you can rename existing captions, but a more flexible option would be fantastic.

My two cents....
This is what Spiff says,

"use skin settings to setup the links.
then stuff those skin settings in a static list of some kind..."

Can anyone help with this?
Hi,

I don't know if this helps but I changed the Assistant / Games / Play DVD's menu items into Adult / HomeVideo / Trailers by editing the xml files by hand. Took me about an hour, and it was my very first mod on XBMC/Aeon.

Here is the thread I used: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49538

Grtz

Lukas
Lukas can you post your xml files and describe what you changed?
Hi,

Any chance to see one day a tool like Mediaportal's Aeon Menu Generator ?
shabby Wrote:Would you be able to send me a copy of your xmls and describe what you changed?
TX

Sure, but I only changed whats described in the topic, trial and error. Make a backup of your 720p/Includes_MainMenu.xml so that you can go back and overwrite the edited file.

First, make sure to enable the menu items you don't use (like 'Assistant' for example) in Aeon - Customize menu.

Open \language\English\string.xml and locate <string id="31021">ASSISTANT</string>. This is label id 31021. Change it to <string id="31021">HOMEVIDEO</string> (or to whatever you want)

Open Includes_MainMenu.xml in /720p folder. Look for <include name="MainMenu"> and scroll down until you see this:

Code:
<content>
            <item id="1">
                <label>31010</label>
                <include>BackgroundVarsMusic</include>
                <onclick>Skin.SetBool(music)</onclick>
                <onclick>Skin.Reset(videomovies)</onclick>
                <onclick>Skin.Reset(videotv)</onclick>

....and so on. These are your main menu items.

Now all you got to do is point the "Assistant" item into a folder with your HomeVideos.

Find the item with labelid 31021:

Code:
            <item id="21">
                <description>Assistant</description>
                <include>BackgroundVarsAssistant</include>                    
                [b]<label>31021</label>[/b]
                <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(605)</onclick>
                <visible>Skin.HasSetting(assistant)</visible>
            </item>

Now all you have to do is change the <onclick> part to something else, like for example:

<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://video/Apple Movie Trailers Lite/)</onclick> to open the Apple Movie Trailers

OR

<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10024,E:\Video\Authoring\Renders\)</onclick> to open a path.

If you need the exact path of anything in your XBMC, just add that item to favourites and then open up favourites.xml in your \XBMC\userdata folder... The exact path will be sitting there, waiting for you.

This is how I did it, and it seems to work perfecttly. However, I am really new to this myself, so if this breaks your xbmc, formats your HDD, steals your money or girlfriend, I will not be responsible ;-) It's all on you.

I actually don't bother with language/strings.xml and use <label>TRAILERS</label> instead of an string ID.

Ow, as mentioned above, I found this @ http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49538, so all credit goes to that topic.

Enjoy.

Grtz

Lukas
My point is, if you go to my link in the first post of this thread the devs are saying you shouldn't have to do it manually. Theat a skinner should be able to add a custom menu option in settings to make it much easier.
most skins have mods what will let you add pluging or scripts to the main/sub menus...

have a look at the submenu mod in the mod pack Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48435

Can this be modified to add new items to the main menu rather than sub menu?
CF2009 forgive me if I am wrong but I thought your mods did not work with the new aeon changes.
shabby Wrote:CF2009 forgive me if I am wrong but I thought your mods did not work with the new aeon changes.

is he right?
shabby Wrote:CF2009 forgive me if I am wrong but I thought your mods did not work with the new aeon changes.

AmitMa Wrote:is he right?

The mod pack works with the Aeon on github....Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Customizable Home Menu Items?0