[WINDOWS] TV Solution
I see plans to implement tv solutions on linux, via myth, vdr or similar. Any chance of similar projects on windows? I believe the amount of windows xbmc users rising fast and a tv solution would mean even more would jump the wagon from meedio or more likely mediaportal.

I noticed while using mediaportal that there is an app: 4 the record which supposedly has a very nice api that can be used against several tv servers:
tv server
gb-pvr
dvb dream

If I had the knowledge I would try to implement a solution myself, I'm afraid I don't, but would be more than willing to throw a few $ at a project implementing tv on windows.

I've read multiple subjects and also the united pvr frontend but not sure how active development is, and if there is any work on a frontend for a non linux backend.

Thanks..

Love xbmc by the way Smile
Don't take my word for it, but I think the current TV solution is being built with MediaPortal TV server in mind for the Windows port. Could be wrong about that.
See the thread about a unified PVR front-end (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and addons API for PVR back-ends:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=28918

Yes this project is still very much active Nod

The concept idea is for platform agnostic (platform independent), the frontend (XBMC Media Center GUI) will not even have to running on the same machine as the backend (backend = third-party TV server) or operating-system as long as they are networked together. When it is ready it should be able to work with MediaPortal's TV Server, etc. ...but there is not ETA so no point asking for when it will be ready.

As far as I know no one is yet working on a client addon for a Windows backend, but then again the API's are not yet finalized and the code has not yet even gone into the mainline SVN, ...so you should not be surprised that no one has started developing addon clients for it yet.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] TV Solution0