Pictures don't rotate automatically
Question 
Hi,

I'm using the Aeon Auriga skin on Ubuntu 9.04 .
When I want to look pictures , these do no rotate (all picture have exif ) Oo
Someone know how to solve this problem ?

thanks in advance !
pastebin a Debug Log so we know what is going on, link in my signature on how to do it..
Here's the pastebin :
http://pastebin.com/m3edd6505

The pictures were on my Win computer asn viewed using an UPNP server.
I quit XBMC just after the picture problem , so I guess the interesting part is at the end Huh
Last thin , it's the last SVN PPA build of XBMC
I hope it helps !

thanks !
It's probably because whatever transferred the image off the camera to the computer rotated the images and didn't update the EXIF tags.

You can turn auto-rotation off which should fix it - it's in Settings->Pictures IIRC.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It's probably because whatever transferred the image off the camera to the computer rotated the images and didn't update the EXIF tags.

You can turn auto-rotation off which should fix it - it's in Settings->Pictures IIRC.

Cheers,
Jonathan

If I look at the pictures in windows explorer, in thumbnails mode, the pictures are like I've taken . When I lauch a diaporama on my Win XP , pictures are correctly auto rotated , so I guess Exif info are correct Huh
If it works correctly with EXIF rotation disabled in XBMC, then the EXIF clearly does not contain the correct info.

If it doesn't work whether EXIF rotation is enabled or disabled in XBMC, then I'd like a copy of one of the pictures.

What other programs do doesn't really matter.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

It doesn't work with exif activated or not Sad
Here's a link to one of my pictures :
http://www.mediafire.com/?mu2znkjynzd

thx.
Said picture works fine for me. The sky is up the top, in both the thumbnail and when viewed fullscreen.

Just to rule out something else futzing with it, you could zip it up first (stored zip is fine) and I'll try it straight from the zip if you like.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I tried with SAMBa access to the picture , and i got the same problem .
Here a link to the 'rared' version of the file .

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tz2wzvtmgz3
Yup, that one works fine as well viewing directly from the rar.

With "Rotate pictures using EXIF information" turned off, it's shown landscape with the sky on the left. With it turned on, it's displayed correctly.

Can someone on Linux give this a go?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Works exactly as jmarshall described above for me in r21539, linux.

TheUni
I'm using a previous svn of XBMC (start of the week) with a modified version of Aeon Auriga (Imaginos) . I'll try with the default skin (I really don't know if it could be the skin).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures don't rotate automatically0