New "Evolution" skin/theme for MeediOS, ...borrow some ideas for Aeon?
Lightbulb 
Checkout this new "Evolution" skin/theme for MeediOS, ...how about borrowing some ideas from it for Aeon?

Take a look:
http://www.meedios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4804

There are there demo videos as well:
http://www.vimeo.com/5437742 (TV Shows)
http://www.vimeo.com/5437823 (Movies)
http://www.vimeo.com/5437893 (Music)

Off-topic; Just ran across this. I personally think XBMC is a lot easier to use since I installed MeediOS and tried to install this new theme, I gave up after spending 30-minutes trying to figure out how to actually install it.
jondr13 Wrote:Just ran across this. I personally thing XBMC is alot easier to use since I installed MeediOS and tried to install this new theme. After spending 30mins trying to figure out how to actually install it, I gave up.

Take a look. There are 3 video examples as well.

http://www.meedios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4804

That's a cheap copy of aeon.
Try Aeon Auriga on xbmc much better and easier to install and setupSmile
And it does all that one does and more
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I am loving that Movies Index (wall like screen) - exactly what I was looking for.

Sort by Genre also appears to be handled a bit better IMHO.

The "store shelf" view is very interesting as well.

Weather forecast screen is neat.

Would love to see Aeon incorporate some of these ideas.
sorry imo the store shelf viwe was the most naff part of the whole skin lol but at the end of the day it is a rip off Tongue
Well the creator of the theme did say he got his ideas from Aeon and compliments djh. When I ran across it and tried to install the theme to even try, I gave up after spending that much time trying to figure out how to use it. XMBC and Aeon really does run alot smoother than MeediOS for some reason.

I just thought I would share this find with everyone so you can take a look at it and see if there was anything worthwhile that would give Aeon Auriga another leading edge.
Was waiting to see how long it would be before someone noticed this.

The MeediOS software is in early alpha, its not worth installing unless you want to help find the bugs and test Smile It doesn't even have a reliable video/audio player yet so pretty useless so far.

Some ideas that could be used for Aeon though:

- Animated fanart (it looks really good in the details screen seeing fanart slowly zoom in and out on a transparent background)
- The genre index view nice because it shows them all on one screen instead of having to scroll down.
- The shelf view is pretty good as well, its got a kind of WAF factor to it. Mainly because it shows how many pages of movies you have while you scroll and looks like how dvds are arranged in the rental store.
- The multiple view steps, I think it has about 10 in total.

Here are the videos

Music
Movies
TVShows

Just to re-iterate what CRN said, it doesn't use any of the graphics or code from aeon but is inspired by it. If anything its a continuation of his meedio chrome themes that were very popular a couple of years back.
I love the Games Index as well, is there something like that for XBMC? Like I tried the Launcher Addon, but somehow it just never really gave me the correct stuff and starting Games with it was horrible IMO (no offense)
pretty smooth video's is the tagging and .nfo format the same?
Louike Wrote:pretty smooth video's is the tagging and .nfo format the same?

Yeh pretty much.

The mediafairy importer is compatible with xbmc .nfos I think.

I need to repeat the software is not ready for general usage Wink Its just this theme has been released and lots of people are suddenly showing interest.
paul Wrote:That's a cheap copy of aeon.
Try Aeon Auriga on xbmc much better and easier to install and setupSmile
And it does all that one does and more

z][ggy;366241 Wrote:sorry imo the store shelf viwe was the most naff part of the whole skin lol but at the end of the day it is a rip off Tongue

Why are people so defensive on this forum - its quiet common to hear people complain about the abuse and arrogance of replies to their posts.

People have opinions - I'm a happy Meedio user and have been for many years and the forums have always been a happy and welcoming place.

I've tried XBMC, I've even tried your precious AEON - it may look good, but I don't like all the things in it. XBMC is ok, but I don't like it's simple lowest common denominator approach and the limited abilities of the libraries. Doesn't mean I'm going to slag the program, or slag the theme maker. It just doesn't suit my needs.

A theme or frontend is like a car - a car is a car, but the car is made different depending on the make, model, look etc. Some cars even look similar but as still very different. As Zag has mention of Crn's message in the theme thread - its inspired by AEON, nothing more, nothing less.

Meedios has developed rapidly in the last few months and will only get better and easier to use.

I look forward to the time when people like you guys flock to Meedios like moths to a flame, as it takes it place at the top of the HTPC software tree, with the help of theme's like this.

You can even look forward to helpful replies from people who treat fellow community members like friends and don't slag people efforts as cheap knock offs.

Adam
soooo back on topic........ (there is a thread to dicuss xbmc vs meedio already here)

Image Image

Game screens are awesome in Evolution, does anyone know how to get it working with Aeon without going through about 3 different clicks with the launcher module?
zag2me Wrote:soooo back on topic........ (there is a thread to dicuss xbmc vs meedio already here)
Oh yeah, followed this thread from elsewhere so I did not notice it was in the Aeon forum Blush

Still I felt the urgent need to give some context to this comment Wink:

zag2me Wrote:The MeediOS software is in early alpha, its not worth installing unless you want to help find the bugs and test Smile It doesn't even have a reliable video/audio player yet so pretty useless so far.
Couldn't let that pass without explaining why Meedios will be more than just a late XBMC/Aeon rip off!
It's good to see DJH and CRN have cleared the air from the past when CRN was blatantly ripping off DJH's, at that time, unreleased Aeon Stark. Personally, I'm a geek and I always like having more customization, so i loved meedio when i used it, but meediOS is in it's infancy as far as development goes. as Zag said, it just isn't worth using right now since it's still in Alpha. MeediOS's structure is much different than the pick up and go style of XBMC. What is good for XBMC ( quick setup ) is also a negative. MeediOS's neg ( longer setup and general learning curve ) is also a positive in the end because you can customize menus to go to any media and the title in the menu can say whatever you want. It all depends on how much patience you have and what you are looking to do. I left meedio for XBMC when fanart started becoming prominent in skins because meedio's core is so outdated it couldn't handle fanart without looking terrible. The fanart loaded in sections. Not exactly what i call a good end user experience. XBMC did it very smoothly so i switched. MeediOS will handle things more smoothly, so who knows. All I know is that meediOS will be around thanks to their community and XBMC is going strong as well thanks to this community. I hope both communities can help feed off the innovations of each other. I don't mean ripping off ideas either. I mean purely from the competition. We all know who has the best skin designs. Sorry for the rant. I just had to get this out there.
I think the original poster was not so much arguing for meedios-vs-xbmc, but pointing out some ideas that could be incorporated/modded in Aeon. As a couple of other posters have mentioned, I think there are some good ideas to be had from the Evolution skin, e.g., the wall/index view is pretty cool imho. I will definitely try to mod something like that once I get the List mod a little closer to done.
adamsmith Wrote:Why are people so defensive on this forum - its quiet common to hear people complain about the abuse and arrogance of replies to their posts.

People have opinions - I'm a happy Meedio user and have been for many years and the forums have always been a happy and welcoming place.

I've tried XBMC, I've even tried your precious AEON - it may look good, but I don't like all the things in it. XBMC is ok, but I don't like it's simple lowest common denominator approach and the limited abilities of the libraries. Doesn't mean I'm going to slag the program, or slag the theme maker. It just doesn't suit my needs.

A theme or frontend is like a car - a car is a car, but the car is made different depending on the make, model, look etc. Some cars even look similar but as still very different. As Zag has mention of Crn's message in the theme thread - its inspired by AEON, nothing more, nothing less.

Meedios has developed rapidly in the last few months and will only get better and easier to use.

I look forward to the time when people like you guys flock to Meedios like moths to a flame, as it takes it place at the top of the HTPC software tree, with the help of theme's like this.

You can even look forward to helpful replies from people who treat fellow community members like friends and don't slag people efforts as cheap knock offs.

Adam
I were not being defensive, I were voicing my oppinion and likely that of many others,
meedios is way too large way too complex for the average user, i know i tried it whereas xbmc is far easier to use and far smaller. just my 2 cents
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New "Evolution" skin/theme for MeediOS, ...borrow some ideas for Aeon?0