making remote control work while XBMC is out of foucs
Hello everyone,
I run XBMC on a secondry display(TV).
the problem is that when someone uses the computer XBMC loses foucs and my remote control stop working.

do you know of a way to send my remote control keypress only to xmbc(even while it is out of focus)?
You need to use some helper app like Eventghost. This can intercept signals from the remote and direct them to whatever app you want.

The alternative is to use one of the many XBMC remote control apps for iPhone and Android.

JR
i use this guide http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179 and when i lose focus i just press the button that start my xbmc and get the focus back Smile (no it dont restard xbmc just get the focus back to xbmc Smile )
thanks for your responce,
Im using the android remote for now (thou it is a problem since i usualy charge my phone at night which is the same time i use XBMC)
about Eventghost. I cant find a plugin which identifys the keypress on my remote(which is a cheap remote I bought a couple of years ago) except the one key which opens the media center, which btw works like a charm unless the other peroson using the computer is in the middel of typing Smile

anyhow if someone has an idea how I can use this one with eventghot I whould really appriciate it

(and sorry for my spelling)
ok I found the problem.
the remote send keybord strokes. which means I can set these for xbmc bug than I cant type anything

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
making remote control work while XBMC is out of foucs0