• 6(current)
Surface - a new skin for XBMC in development
Hitcher Wrote:Are you going to let us in on how you created the blur effect?

well you can do it in photoshop and just blur the hell out of the image then use that switch to it when you want to and visa a versa.

XBMC cant do stuff like that so you have to cheat or be creative and use images to do this stuff.
XBMC can't do blur. Feature request for blur has been sitting in trac for ages.
Qroach Wrote:I hope you do release this skin. I really don't like the added pressure team blackbolt has put on you. the idea for the skin was your originally, so you should get to do what you want with it.

Incorrect. the concept was originally my idea, next time get your facts straight. And in addition Team Blackbolt has put NO pressure on the makers of surface whatsoever. We have all wished the best for them.
I just saw that this skin is featured in the Dev Blog: http://xbmc.org/theuni/2009/08/19/teaser-surface-skin/

edit: just saw it was in the first post. I don't usually re-read earlier in threads. oops.
XBMCG33K Wrote:Incorrect. the concept was originally my idea, next time get your facts straight. And in addition Team Blackbolt has put NO pressure on the makers of surface whatsoever. We have all wished the best for them.

That was my mistake that a few people already corrected me on, thanks again. I do recall the original concepts and it looks quite different now.
sorry for this skin, I was looking forward to it. it really is similar to the other NXE-themed skin, but this one would have been with 1080p support, which is very rare.
XBMCG33K Wrote:Incorrect. the concept was originally my idea, next time get your facts straight. And in addition Team Blackbolt has put NO pressure on the makers of surface whatsoever. We have all wished the best for them.

Ok, the last thing I want to do is turn this thread into anything negative, but how on earth can you say you've put no pressure on the makers of surface? Maybe not team blackbolt as a whole but I don't think you've made a single post in this thread that wasn't sarcastic and underhanded.

eg.
XBMCG33K Wrote:Oh it clearly shows this is NOTHING like Xperience. Other than the visual similarities of course.

Lastly, the concept was not your idea, nor phyeks, it was Microsoft's.

I do really like this skin. I also really like Xperience. Heck, I'll even concede that it's not such a bad thing that only one of them will be released. Just quite knocking this skin and move on with yours, please?

edit: To the both of you, I wish the best of luck with your current projects. I still eagerly anticipate Xperience as well as whatever phyek and minimalko have moved on to. Smile
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
If this thread is going to turn into an intensely enjoyable user fight, I guess we could always lock it.
Might be best seeing as it's not going to be released now anyway.

EDIT: Which is a shame of course.
minimalko Wrote:I wish you guys could imagine how much extra work would be involved to actually finish this..

Bold (very) suggestion: you could choose to release it as it is, if only for educational purposes... Huh

@+,
Sha!
Or someone might even have a go at finishing it.
I for one would love to see it finished if only to see the bluring effects in actionSmile
Come on guys please continue this at some pointSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Shaman Wrote:Bold (very) suggestion: you could choose to release it as it is, if only for educational purposes... Huh

@+,
Sha!

+1 Smile
Seriously, a crime if this doesn't get released. When I saw the video I was in awe, and I'm a hardcore Aeon user. This smashes Xperience. I would be very disappointed if some release wasn't posted. Sad
EvanXtreme Wrote:This smashes Xperience

I'm curious as to how you know this. Do you happen to have a copy of both skins for comparison? Really I'm curious, please fill me in on what I'm missing. Probably haven't seen much of Xperience have ya?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surface - a new skin for XBMC in development5