• 8(current)
Win HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost
Can someone point me to the right direction please?

Thank you
This works flawlessly....

Great find.
Is there somewhere that you guys are posting the XML files with all the great little tricks you've added? It would be awesome to be able to just plug and play with a Harmony One. If you have anything great you can share, let me know!
I have XBMC for Windows running on a Mac Mini via Bootcamp and a Harmony One. I have not had any success with the built in infra red of the Mini. Can anyone suggest a usb infra red receiver that would be suitable?
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently trying to get my Harmony 515 working with XBMC(aeon65) on Win7(64). I have several IR receivers, none of which are official MS ones, and so far I’ve had mixed results.

Wondering if we could create a list of IR receivers and remote/receiver sets that people have managed to get working with their Harmonys . I’ve heard some people have had success with Hauppauge devices.

I’m new to the scene so not 100% sure of the etiquette of the community but I’m happy to volunteer to maintain some sort of list based on feedback from folk who own various IR models.

I’m in New Zealand so my access to the range of devices won’t be as great as those in the US, Europe etc.

Cheers everyone.
i can't seem to get the remote to work at ALL on my computer. I have a Logitech Harmony One, og en antec RM200 reciever (built in to an antec fusion max case)

the few times i get a resault, it just keeps going, but usually it just lockes up the ir reciever AND the wireless logitech ex110 keyboard. i actually have to pull the plugg for about 10-15sec just to be able to turn the power back on with the remote, because if i just pull the plug for a couple of seconds it won't recieve any signals

i'm running win7 64bit, fully updated from winupd., with the newes soundgraph imon ir reciver software (don't remember the exact versjon), and i'm using the 7.7.0 logitech remote controll software

and can it be that it crashes with my keyboard reciever? because when i pull that usb plug, it suddenly starts to type (in notepad), but just the last pressed key repeatedly.....
i have tried both with the antec rm200 config and with the mce keyboard konfig
Hello, I read through all 12 pages before posting as well as a number of others and on a few other forums. Unfortunately, I'm still having major problems. The problem is that only a very small number of the buttons have any effect whatsoever. When I am in XBMC, the "Pictures" "Music"and "Videos" buttons work as intended. But none of the other buttons, direction up, down, OK, left, right, a, b, c, d, etc. have any effect. If I go into gedit (Linux equivalent of Notepad) they keypresses should result in text being entered. But nothing. I have all of the options and keys represented, but it just doesn't seem to be properly sending keypresses. I suppose my IR receiver could be bad. But it has always worked as an MCE remote, so I see no reason why this would be. I've posted pictures of the remote as well as system details below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Remote: Harmony 890
Hardware: Zotac MAG
XBMC: Camalot

Image Image Image
hartjo1 Wrote:Hello, I read through all 12 pages before posting as well as a number of others and on a few other forums. Unfortunately, I'm still having major problems. The problem is that only a very small number of the buttons have any effect whatsoever. When I am in XBMC, the "Pictures" "Music"and "Videos" buttons work as intended. But none of the other buttons, direction up, down, OK, left, right, a, b, c, d, etc. have any effect. If I go into gedit (Linux equivalent of Notepad) they keypresses should result in text being entered. But nothing. I have all of the options and keys represented, but it just doesn't seem to be properly sending keypresses. I suppose my IR receiver could be bad. But it has always worked as an MCE remote, so I see no reason why this would be. I've posted pictures of the remote as well as system details below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Remote: Harmony 890
Hardware: Zotac MAG
XBMC: Camalot

Image Image Image

The first thing you have to do is what I said in your thread on the general help section - set-up the device as a 'Microsoft MCE Keyboard', not an MCE remote which I think you currently have it set-up to emulate (at least that's what you indicated on the other thread). Try that and report back.
steelman1991 Wrote:The first thing you have to do is what I said in your thread on the general help section - set-up the device as a 'Microsoft MCE Keyboard', not an MCE remote which I think you currently have it set-up to emulate (at least that's what you indicated on the other thread). Try that and report back.

Sorry for not being clearer about that. Yes, I do have it set up as a Microsoft MCE Keyboard. This was done a while back, and rather easily. That being said, my issues above apply. I have little to no functionality when setup as a keyboard.
Just wanted to say that this worked flawlessly for me on my harmony 720, win7 64bit.

After mapping the keys, my only problem was that the power button would not power htpc on and off. I had to go to Devices and go to Settings for the MCE Keyboard and change the Power Options so that it correctly powers the HTPC on and off (it was set to do nothing).
Which IR receiver do you have?
Looking for some help

My setup: Acer Aspire Revo 3610, Windows 7, XBMC, Harmony 890, IR receiver, harmony is set up as a MCE keyboard. So the harmony sends signals to the IR receiver which are interpreted as keyboard presses by the device.

I have everything configured such that I am able to control XBMC with my harmony remote just fine. The issue that I am having is with using the harmony remote to wake up the computer. For clarification, I can wake up the computer with a mouse or usb keyboard that are plugged into the unit. When I press a button on the harmony, nothing happens. The IR receiver which glows red when i use the remote when computer is on does not glow when computer is asleep. It only starts to glow (recognize that a signal is being sent) once I wake up the computer with the mouse or keyboard. I have already gone into the device manager to allow the usb device to wake computer. Any ideas?
you can't use an IR reciver before the computer is started and loaded because they neede drivers to function, so if you want to start it you will need to make a ir reciever that always has power and has it's own bios with a driver and then actually wire it into the startup button
Not sure I understand your response. My computer is started and loaded. It "works again" if I press a mouse button or any key on the keyboard.
Well, i replaced my receiver, just to be sure that it wasn't an issue with a non-standard receiver and no luck. I also programmed my old 880 as an MCE keyboard to see if the 890 was the problem, and same issues. The only buttons that work are the softkey "Pictures," "Music," and "TV" buttons. No other keys, from the directional arrows to the alpha keys, function in XBMC or have any response in gedit text editor. Has anybody had any luck getting this to work under an Ubuntu install? Again, I can set it up as an MCE remote and it works well enough. But as an MCE keyboard, I get nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has become quite an annoyance!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost4