• 12(current)
Win HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost
Hey.
Very nice and rewarding thread.
My problem is how to map f.ex. F5 to open the favorites list in XBMC. There I have my netradiostations etc.
I have seen this in the keymap.file:
<browser_favorites>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</browser_favorites>
but I don't know how to use it from the keyboard.

I had in mind something like this:

<keymap>
<Global>
<keyboard>
<f1>ActivateWindow(videolibrary,tvshowtitles)</f1>
<f2>ActivateWindow(videofiles,Downloads)</f2>
<f3>ActivateWindow(videofiles,Movies)</f3>
</keyboard>
</Global>
</keymap>

Egon
I just have a tiny question: Does this way (harmony as mce keyboard) work with XBMC when XBMC is out of focus (your surfing or typing or whatever) and XBMC is running in the background on another screen)?
Does this work? Or does XBMC have to be in focus for this to work?
Hello!

Short answer:

It has to be in focus! Smile

Bye,
Itzak
egon Wrote:Hey.
Very nice and rewarding thread.
My problem is how to map f.ex. F5 to open the favorites list in XBMC. There I have my netradiostations etc.
I have seen this in the keymap.file:
<browser_favorites>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</browser_favorites>
but I don't know how to use it from the keyboard.

I had in mind something like this:

<keymap>
<Global>
<keyboard>
<f1>ActivateWindow(videolibrary,tvshowtitles)</f1>
<f2>ActivateWindow(videofiles,Downloads)</f2>
<f3>ActivateWindow(videofiles,Movies)</f3>
</keyboard>
</Global>
</keymap>

Egon

Hi,

I'm also interested in this. I'd like to add a button on my harmony to go straight to favourites, movies, music and playlists.

Is this possible or do I have to adjust the keymap.xml?

thanks
johnmerrick Wrote:Hi,

I'm also interested in this. I'd like to add a button on my harmony to go straight to favourites, movies, music and playlists.

Is this possible or do I have to adjust the keymap.xml?

thanks

Her you can see the endresult, that works. You have to modify the keyboard.xml

- <keyboard>
<f1>ActivateWindow(musicfiles,musik-plugins)</f1>
<f2>ActivateWindow(musicfiles,music)</f2>
<f3>ActivateWindow(MyPictures,fotos)</f3>
<f4>ActivateWindow(videofiles,movies)</f4>
<f8>ActivateWindow(musicfiles,Favourites)</f8>
<f5>ActivateWindow(Home)</f5>
<f6>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</f6>

Egon
Hey guys, anyone can help me to remove (or at least reduce to minimum) the delay between Harmony One button key presses? I've made a little script to show me how long a delay (in ms) I have between key presses. A test is done by holding a key/button "1" on the regular keyboard and then on Harmony One.
Code:
Keyboard: 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33

Harmony One: 317 314 330 315 317 313 317 314 330 316 315 317 313 316 328 316 315 318 313 316 330

Now I know that probably remote can never be as fast as USB keyboard, but 300+ milliseconds delay, c'mon. It's just too annoying when I need to scroll thgrough movies or tv shows in XBMC...

If anyone can help me to reduce that, I would be eternally gratefull Big Grin
is there any way to program a button to pop up the favorites sidebar?
adsoto Wrote:I am still working on how to seamlessly switch between applications but thanks to all of the info in this forum/Logitech forums it now looks feasible.

sdsoto, did you ever figure out a solution to do this?
Hello, i have harmony one and RC6 (microsoft MCE) reciver connected to my PC. I tried mce plugin for XBMC, but i don't like the behavior of back and clear button, i want one button just like backspace on keyboard to work everywhere. I can use eventghost to do this. But then there is problem with delays. I have set 0ms input delay in harmony setup, but it reacts in very odd way.

BTW is there any way to get get number buttons working for searching in lists like it is on cell phones?

My PC is setup as MicrosoftMCE-1039 in harmony setup.

Lastly and mostly for visual appeal in harmony setup i would like not to have setup input for PC in harmony setup.

What bother me most is responses to keypresses that are even worse with eventghost MCE plugin Sad
So, what kind of device is the remote when I add a device to the Harmony software?

Is it a computer > microsoft >mce keyboard, or something else?
Hey guys, anyone know if it's possible to program an ALT+F4 function in the Harmony so I can close XBMC during the time that it has frozen?
Eventghost

borchgrevink: mce keyboard is said to work best, i'm using something like mce remote se, it works too.
evlo Wrote:Eventghost

borchgrevink: mce keyboard is said to work best, i'm using something like mce remote se, it works too.

What combination of delay and retries do you use?
Can't help you with these, since i still did not found the optimal combination Sad - currently i'm trieng interkey 0 and retries 1.
If you want to have a combination like Alt+F4 choose the following in the Harmony Software: Computer-Media Center PC-Microsoft-Windows Media Center SE

In this profile you can find a lot of combinations, also Alt+F4.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost4