[LINUX] Will XBMC work with Kubuntu 9.04 and will it work with my computer?
I have a dream... Great start, eh?

So, my friend buy new computer and i get her old one. I have dreamed long time XBMC system so i can watch movies and series with my TV (I don´t have DVD player). I look some XBOX:es but then i read about XBMC ported to linux - NICE! And when i´m hear that my friend buy new PC i asked she to give me her old one.

First of all, will XBMC work with Kubuntu 9.04? I like KDE more than Gnome so i want install Kubuntu more than Ubuntu.

And second question is will my computer play video files with XBMC without lag? And will XBMC work smooth? My computer parts.

1.6ghz Intel Celeron (I will upgrade that if its not enought)
1gt of DDR-memory
ATI Radeon X1650 PRO 256mb / GeForce XF 5500 128mb (I heard GeForce will work better than Radeon but Radeon have more speed, or will ir have?)
200gb of HHD
Kubuntu 9.04 or maybe Ubuntu if Kubuntu does´t work with Kubuntu.

And question number three:

What is the best way to connect PC to my television? I have CRT television with cable digibox in it. I think i can connect it for digibox but there are no RBG or S-video line-in, only Scart-with that black connector or own connector with 2 audio and 1 video (the scart thing without the black connector). So, how i can connect my PC to television?

Thank you very much.

-Tampparination
Your DE is irrelevant to XBMC. It doesn't care whether you have Gnome, KDE, XFCE, whatever.

That setup should be fine for SD content, which is all your TV can handle anyway.

There are numerous bargain-basement gfx adapters with composite video out. That should work just fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Will XBMC work with Kubuntu 9.04 and will it work with my computer?0