IMDB scraper frustration
Hi,

I'm using the Linux build so I'm asking here.

I'v had this problem many times before, but I am finally posting to see ifthere is a solution. I have a movie (Che Part Two) which the scraper cannot find no matter what I do. I've tried renaming the directory.

It always finds Che Part One instead. There is no way to force it to ask me which movie. It ALWAYS chooses the wrong movie. It finds Part One regardless of whether I search for art One or Part Two. If I do the same search via the IMDB web interface it always finds the correct movie.

Is there no way for it to at least ask me which movie from a list of possible matches? I've tried everything. I've just wasted over an hour just trying to get it to find the right movie.

Please help.

Regards,
Michal

P.S. I was running a the current stable build and I have updated to the current SVN build. It made no difference.
SOLVED!

The problem was being caused by .nfo files. Even though they weren't a format that the scraper could understand they somehow undermined the scraper.

Removing them solved the problem.

And it shouldn't have been getting any information from the nfo file. Also, I had it set to use the directory name for the search.

Regards,
Michal

P.S. Here is what the debug logs said with the .nfo file

11:40:09 T:3046135696 M:1887170560 DEBUG: Not a proper xml nfo file (Error document empty., col 0, row 0)
That's not a problem. What it will be getting from your nfo file is the imdb url, which I'm guessing is wrong.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB scraper frustration0