Possible to scan only from folder?
Hi I spent a significant amount of time sorting my music library out.

When adding new music I have to specifically remember what it was, go into music, turn it from library to files, find the music right click and scan that one item.

I would prefer for it just to scan for new content but nothing like that seems to exist only scan item to library. However when it does this it goes on to look at every thing time after time and this scan takes 4 hours plus. Now it could not find the info before and I have no doubt it won't find it again.

So is there a way for it just to find changes since last time, or simply to scan folder as opposed to going on line?
Um, "Update Library" should detect that nothing has changed, and thus won't re-scan. Only if the hash has changed on a folder will it rescan that folder.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK, update library appears in the library section as opposed to files section, so I see 12 items in library, genras, artists, albums etc updating library on any of these will simply update the whole library yes?

So if I have added say Pink Floyd the Wall, it will discover this one change and bring it in?

Just got a bit confused!
Correct.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to scan only from folder?0