[MOD] Ken Burns Effect on Backdrops/FanArt for a Semi Animated look (pan/zoom/rotate)
CF2009 Wrote:[align=center]This mod/hack is a type of Ken Burns Effect for Backdrops for a Semi Animated look

YouTube vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS_tAEBHw3E
What MOD is that with the cool weather....
Looks good, but I think the effect is better used on details screens like movies or tv shows. Maybe 50% transparent so its not so noticeable.
It looks good, but it really should be slower, i think.
But i'm sure you'll find way to tweak it somehow.
as a POC, it's brilliant, though Big Grin
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
Nice idea I think.

Not too keen on the rotation going on, but pan and zoom are fine.
mcborzu Wrote:Why am I getting this....

I'm using:
Windows 7
Just git pull Hitcher's mod
XBMC Jul 11 2009 (SVN:21618, compiler 1500)

I am also encountering this. XP; SVN:21676; Both on Andyblac's showmix, and on an untouched Auriga.
is it possible to disable the rotation and leav it only with pan and zoom?
logictester Wrote:is it possible to disable the rotation and leav it only with pan and zoom?

you have to delete the green line, to disable the rotation:

Code:
<include name="BackgroundVarsGlobal">
        <include>FullScreenDimensions</include>
        <timeperimage>20000</timeperimage>
        <randomize>true</randomize>
        <fadetime>1000</fadetime>
        <include>Animation_BackgroundFade</include>
        <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="15000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="-10,-10" end="20,20" time="7000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>
        [color=green]<animation effect="rotate" center="360,640" start="-2" end="2" time="11000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>[/color]
        <visible>!Control.IsVisible(52) | [Control.IsVisible(52) + Skin.HasSetting(nocurtains)]</visible>
    </include>
mcborzu Wrote:Why am I getting this....

I'm using:
Windows 7
Just git pull Hitcher's mod
XBMC Jul 11 2009 (SVN:21618, compiler 1500)

managed to find what seems to be a temporary solution. you want to change the value in red to half your screen resolution. i'm running 1280x768 so i replaced 'auto' with '640,384'. this seems to work although i'm guessing that 'auto' is supposed to do that for you so maybe there's something not quite right with the code on certain platforms?

Code:
<include name="BackgroundVarsGlobal">
        <include>FullScreenDimensions</include>
        <timeperimage>20000</timeperimage>
        <randomize>true</randomize>
        <fadetime>1000</fadetime>
        <include>Animation_BackgroundFade</include>
        <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="[color=black][COLOR="black"][COLOR="red"]auto[/color][/COLOR][/COLOR]" time="15000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="-10,-10" end="20,20" time="7000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>
        <animation effect="rotate" center="360,640" start="-2" end="2" time="11000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(animation_bg)">Conditional</animation>
        <visible>!Control.IsVisible(52) | [Control.IsVisible(52) + Skin.HasSetting(nocurtains)]</visible>
    </include>
Q6600, ASUS P5W, 6GB DDR2 and 2.5TB RAID running Mac OS X 10.5.5 and XBMC
xbox v1.0 (softmod) XBMC Dash
center="auto" will use the dimensions of the control to compute the center, so it depends on whatever they are (I presume they're defined in FullScreenDimensions).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So I gave this a go just to see and I have to say it just ended up making me feel sea sick it was like my tv was rocking

Nice thinking outside the box though you get points for that
Awesome mod! I think it adds a lot to the fanart and home menu. The only thing is it seems to be a little jerky and the black corners are visible on occassion.

Would it be possible to add it (the ken burns effect (pan & zoom) from the slideshow.xml from when you go into your pictures section? It seems to run a little more fluent.
Code:

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the slide animation move in one direction then pause and move in a different direction rather than moving backwards and forwards?

I've experimented adding additional slide effects with a delay but haven't been able to get the desired effect.

Put simply, I would like to have the animated effect slide towards say the top left corner then move towards top right then down to bottom right etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Ken Burns Effect on Backdrops/FanArt for a Semi Animated look (pan/zoom/rotate)0