[MAC|ALL] Protected Content (yes, again..)
Rainbow 
no no no, i'm not gonna ask to make that work as it is not only illegal but also next to impossible (in most cases)

but since XBMC is scanning the files to get all sort of information about codecs and such, it should also be able to find out if it is protected yes or no Huh at least, i would think so

in that case, it would be easy to include that inside a skin with a little image or a red X or whatever and i would know i will have to watch that in an external player.. or even make it so that it would do that automagically??
you deserve all the crap you can get for having corrupt (drm'd) files. personally i do not see a reason why we should lift a finger in any direction to make it easier on you.
What spiff means is, not only does team XBMC not support the use of DRM, the team also thinks that you should boycott DRM'd media as a matter of principle, and that even flagging such media would make the team somewhat complicit in our choice. Big Grin

@spiff,
how about if such a flag were to say "You id10t, this file contains Digital Restrictions Management. What were you thinking! We won't play this crap!"

-Wes

PS I don't have any DRMed stuff either
waldo22, heh. atleast that would get our point across in high fidelity Wink
i guess it is a matter of choice..
i rather support DRM then watching fucking commercials on episodes
all that crap at the bottom of HDTV files.. damn Eek

well, guess i have to build it myself then.. not soo difficult really
IsSidha Wrote:i guess it is a matter of choice..
i rather support DRM then watching fucking commercials on episodes
all that crap at the bottom of HDTV files.. damn Eek

well, guess i have to build it myself then.. not soo difficult really

Patches are always welcome.
I guess if we can flag it we can just as easily totally exclude it too right? That'd make more sense as a default behavior because 99% of users aernt going to have external players set up.

That's me 0.02 pennycents anyways.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC|ALL] Protected Content (yes, again..)0