How to make XBMC read thumbs and fanart ?
Dear fellows...

Since i m a new user in XBMC and AEON skin i would like ur help (since reading didnt do me any good)..

my questions are:

a) I have a HD full of movies. Movies are in separate directories, they contain nfo files and Name of movie.jpg as thumbs and Name of movie.fanart.jpg as fanart...

The thing is that when xbmc updates library it does not display thumbs and fanart (and I have to manually tell xbmc where is the fanart and the thumb for each movie)

is there a way for XBMC to use nfo, thumbs, fanart that are on each movie's directory and not manually point the location for each movie??

b) XMBC (with AEON) does not diplay info on the lower part of each movie it only displays question marks... how do i fix that??
solamnic Wrote:a) I have a HD full of movies. Movies are in separate directories, they contain nfo files and Name of movie.jpg as thumbs and Name of movie.fanart.jpg as fanart...

b) XBMC (with AEON) does not diplay info on the lower part of each movie it only displays question marks... how do i fix that??

For a) have a look here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964 That's our in-depth manual to full library glory. Including .nfo-support (and it's format), fanart, etc...

b) It looks like your xbmc and/or Aeon version is too old. You need a recent svn build for these features (called Mediaflagging). Please name platform and xbmc version
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thx for the quick reply...

its Windows version, 9.04.1 repack 2, and aeon 0,91 stark

and btw i renamed my name of movie.jpg to name of movie.tbn for thumbs and worked (cant xbmc use name of movie.jpg as thumb?)
and renamed fanart to name of movie-fanart.jpg and worked oks...

as i said i dont see info below the movie file... and also dont see imdb rating in info of the movie.. (can i fix it?)

thx again for the quick reply
You'll need the latest SVN build - check the Sticky in the Window section.
Updated to the latest SVN of XBMC (with XBMC update)
also updated to the latest AEON version (auriga)..

Nothing... still getting question marks...
You'll need to grab a version of Aeon that supports native media flagging.
Nvm found it..
Thought Aeon used Mediainfo.dll to check files... but it doesnt.. it uses filename info...
Found a little program that will do my work..
the next thing is to figure out how to use Movie Sets.. (Star Trek Collection: Star Trek 1 .. etc..) (used set flags in .nfo files but doesnt seem to work in here.. although it works fine in PCH)..
solamnic Wrote:and btw i renamed my name of movie.jpg to name of movie.tbn for thumbs and worked (cant xbmc use name of movie.jpg as thumb?)

I am no expert at this but I used Folder.jpg and worked ok for me but I believe the movie.name.tbn format works flawlessly.
I found I had to clear out my cache to get it to refresh them right though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make XBMC read thumbs and fanart ?0