• 1(current)
Aeon based skins slow ?
Yeah i know it's been discussed endlessly before.

But i cant help notice that when Using Aeon Auriga or any mods of it
it very slugish to navigate and use. I dont have any of these problem
in PM3.HD, MEDIASTREM REDUX, MINIMEDIA and the likes.

I have the same library, backdrops, covers and fanart etc so thats not the problem. they run fine with other skins.

The problem is actually forcing me to use other skins even though i love the Auriga and hitcher and others great mods Sad

I have a new Dual CPU ION based computer with 2gigs ram so that should not be the problem either.

Im just thinking loud here... has something happend to Aeon Auriga during the time cause it ran allot smoother in its first rels.
Is there some flaws in the codes makin this happen ?

I really bellive that this issue needs to be adressed if Aeon Auriga is to be the default skin for many users.

So i just want to know, what are other users feeling on Aeon compared to other skins ?
I just noticed yesterday that opening the Movies section (I used the night branch which Black provides) takes much longer than earlier like 2-3 seconds. The TV Shows section loads just fine.

As I only have an old AMD Athlon X2 and a crapy graphics card I always get some issues when scrolling through the movie library very fast but as I normally don't do that anyway I never cared about it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Is your other skins running smoother ?
Aeon is simply throwing more on screen than other skins so it will run a bit slower depending on your system.
You can't have your cake and eat it.
I *think* the problem is that the Aeon stacks more transparent images on top of each other than other skins, and this is somehow done in the video RAM. When it's full your system keeps moving the image data between HD, memory, video RAM, swap, the little Irish Pub at the corner, and who knows where else... Big Grin

I've resized all the images in the media folder to 50-70% and it runs much smoother.
Hitcher i understand that Aeon has alott on screen. And i did not start this thread to flame Aeon please dont get me wrong here Wink

But compared to other skins it's not that much "more" in Aeon to justify the
performance hit.

I just cant seem to find any logic that my setup should not be good enough for Aeon, and if thats the case i guess 90% of the users will have permanent problems using Aeon performance wise.

Im really just concerned that if this develpoment continues performance will be even worse.
I have mentioned this earlier but maybe we can get Hitcher and/or Black (the mods that I am using the most) to use png gauntlet (http://brh.numbera.com/software/pnggauntlet/) to get the most of the png's in the skin - this will take 10% of the size of most of the pngs and help on the performance. And if Hitcher and Black will do this - then it is done at the source and will help all of us.

/needtotest
Just look at the viewtype XML's and you'll see that Aeon is using a lot more code than other skins.
The biggest problem is the size of the skins textures try reducing them that makes it far quicker to respond and you will hardly see much difference. just my oppinion.Smile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
needtotest Wrote:I have mentioned this earlier but maybe we can get Hitcher and/or Black (the mods that I am using the most) to use png grauntlet to get the most of the png's in the skin - this will take 10% of the size of most of the pngs and help on the performance. And if Hitcher and Black will do this - then it is done at the source and will help all of us.

/needtotest

Never heard of it before but I'll definitely look into it.
Yeah PNG Gauntlet (not Grauntlet Wink ) is a nice tool also if you want to use lots of PNG files on a website (to get this fancy shmancy Web 2.0 look...) to keep the load time as low as possible.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Before I optimise anything what PNGOUT options should I be using?
Dont know where that r came from! Smile

There is also a OptiPNG - which I am just looking into right now.

/needtotest
PNGOUT - think I used det default last time....

/needtotest
OK I used:
Xtreme!
and under adv. It was Minimize, Default, Default,Auto and Default.

/needtotest
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon based skins slow ?0