Buttons in Lists
Hi,

I'm busy creating a skin optimized for touchscreens. Therefore I would like to add some buttons to lists as a replacement of the context-menu. For example, myMusic lists have to contain 2 extra buttons: Information and Add to Queue).

Adding those buttons is not the problem, but it seems that OnClick event do not trigger. Is there any way of solving this?
I don't think it's really possible to be honest. If the appropriate listitem is focused, then something that:

1. Sets focus to the appropriate listitem.
2. Executes the appropriate action command (I guess it'd be "Queue" or "Info").

*might* do the trick. You wouldn't get it per listitem though.

I'd see what happens if you just have a button outside the list with <onclick>Info</onclick> set - I think it won't work as it doesn't come from the list. I'm not sure if SendClick() can take in an action param at this point. I suspect not, but that would be the ideal thing to do for a button outside the list. Check Util.cpp in the function ExecuteBuiltIn.

EDIT: Nope, it doesn't. A patch to SendClick() (or Control.Message) that adds this functionality would be most welcome.

Buttons inside the list aren't going to work at all I should think - do they render? What happens if you set an <onclick> to something that should always do something (eg to bring up the shutdown menu)?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

XBMC.Action(Info) works for plugins adding an item to the context menu
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
jmarshall Wrote:Buttons inside the list aren't going to work at all I should think - do they render? What happens if you set an <onclick> to something that should always do something (eg to bring up the shutdown menu)?

The buttons do render, but the onclick does not trigger. I'll have a look at some other possibilities, although I'm still open to suggenstions. Thanks

Selmar
what about the multiselect control??
It's fine for static content, but won't work here, as you don't control what the list is filled with or what is done on the click.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

darkrogi Wrote:what about the multiselect control??

Didn't work either, exactly the same effect as buttons. They render fine, but OnClick is not triggered.
Thank you guys for your help. The last days I've been working on a patch of the code, and now all controls are rendered correctly, and OnClick events are triggered when using the mouse. If anyone is interested, send me a message.

Maybe I'll spend some time on keyboard support too.
Sounds great Smile

Please post your patch to trac so that we can review it for possible inclusion.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Patch is submitted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buttons in Lists0