OK, I need to rant a little here.
Thumbs Up 
The situation:

An AMD, dual-core machine running Ubuntu Jaunty with PulseAudio as-installed. No magic- I just use the packages and pick the defaults. I've not fiddled with source code, changed 'registry' settings or anything else.

The problem:

Earwax in the corners of my mouth. XBMC runs in 64-bit mode, almost effortlessly showing me the transparency of the control panel while I mess with it. I'm at something like 10% CPU. Good colors, excellent speed of all functions, I didn't believe playing videos (or for that matter, music) on my machine could be so luxurious and lush. I'm just about floored.

Moovida is working it's way here. They're a good bunch of guys, but you have the functionality now.

Boxee can't seem to squeeze out a Linux version more than once a year, and when they do it's 32-bit only. Maybe one day I'll fight to get it to work on Grandma's machine, but right now I'm in love.

There's nothing else even *pretending* to be a media center that's worth mentioning after this.

It's install had only one problem- a PulseAudio glitch that rendered it mute, but after making all settings "Autodetect" in the PulseAudio settings gui, I can even hear the little "click" noises as I navigate the beauty.

This, guys, is the embodiment of a great job, well-done. I even tried out a YouTube script. I didn't read anything, just dropped it into my .XBMC file tree and it worked on the first pull.

FRIGGIN' WOW! Have you guys been busy, or what?!?! Cool
Big Grin
yup! spread the joy Smile
Catchy Signature Here
I thought a rant was a negative thing. This was pretty much a purely positive congrats post Smile
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
Hehe, the rant will follow? Smile Thanks for the feedback!
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
NOPE. No rant. Just love.

Now I *do* have a problem with nested queries...and that we can't do them....but that's for later.
You've won the award for oldest thread revival by reply!

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
(2012-04-02, 21:50)pseudo7 Wrote: You've won the award for oldest thread revival by reply!

lol
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
You hereby recieve a free copy of XBMC Eden11.0 that can downloaded from http://xbmc.org/download/ Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
NO WAY....why can't I ever win a free copy lol
WE ALL WE GOT
Care to explain what you need 64-bit mode for?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
What don't you need 64bit for, my breakfast doesn't taste the same with 32 bit Wink

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Licking your lips will solve the issue... although I'm not partial to ear wax.
Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and shut down this three year old thread, in case there are people who don't notice the date of the original post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OK, I need to rant a little here.0